RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Software > Digital Voice Decoding Software

Digital Voice Decoding Software For discussion of software applications which decode digital voice formats such as P25, NXDN, MotoTRBO, etc. Please use the HF Digital Signals forum for anything below 30MHz.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-04-2014, 6:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inigo88 View Post
Bben95 thanks for the call alert log! Any chance you could do something similar for text messaging?
I'll have a go sometime, but I don't think it will be anywhere near as simple. I'm guessing the text messages will be split into multiple packets depending on how long the message is. Does anyone know what encoding they use? Probably ASCII right?
I don't have any keypad and display models yet though, so I'll have to wait until I get one to try this out.
Sponsored links
Old 01-04-2014, 11:44 AM

Not sure if everyone has seen this document, but its incredibly useful:
http://dmrassociation.org/wp-content...nal-Tier-2.pdf
Has lots of good info about frame layout. Skip the first half with all the basic stuff we all know, and you can see all the info about sync and how it carries payloads with FEC etc
Old 01-04-2014, 1:49 PM

Hi Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by bben95 View Post
I would do it myself but I don't have any idea how to code java (or any language really for that matter)

Thanks,
Ben
My thanks for this fantastic info. I will add it to build 71 which I hope to release in the next week or two.

Cheers

Ian
Old 01-05-2014, 9:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanWraith View Post
Hi Ben

My thanks for this fantastic info. I will add it to build 71 which I hope to release in the next week or two.

Cheers

Ian
Thanks Ian, I look forward to the release, will be excited to test it out.
Does anyone have any links to any good documents about LRRP and the text messaging used my motorola?
Old 01-05-2014, 9:56 AM

Hi Folks

Right I have just added support for the CSBKO=31 and CSBKO=32 Call Alert and Call Alert ACK (which bben95 told us about) to the upcoming build 71 but you can see the source here ..

https://github.com/IanWraith/DMRDeco...93965ed0b914fc

Note the thanks to bben95 and this forum. Anyone who provides info like this will always be credited in the DMRDecode source code. Sharing of information (and providing credit) is the only way we will move forward with this hobby.

I must admit call alert has caused me some grief since it seems to be in a supplemental DMR standard but not the ETSI standard. However bben95s info will soon allow a decode.

Regards

Ian
Sponsored links
Old 01-05-2014, 2:38 PM
California DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bben95 View Post
I'll have a go sometime, but I don't think it will be anywhere near as simple. I'm guessing the text messages will be split into multiple packets depending on how long the message is. Does anyone know what encoding they use? Probably ASCII right?
I don't have any keypad and display models yet though, so I'll have to wait until I get one to try this out.
Ian can correct me, but I believe some progress was made with figuring out how the text messaging data was split into multiple data packets per the ETSI standard (i.e. "preamble, xx packets to follow" and then "DMR Data packet x of y", etc). I believe where we ran into trouble was when someone provided a sample text message log and it did NOT follow standard ASCII. Since it appears Motorola uses their own custom binary encoding for each character, it might be worth just sending and logging one letter text messages to figure out the binary equivalents of A-Z and 0-9. Might take a long time, but that would be what I'd do if I had a mototrbo radio.
Old 01-05-2014, 3:13 PM

Hello All

Quote:
Originally Posted by inigo88 View Post
Ian can correct me, but I believe some progress was made with figuring out how the text messaging data was split into multiple data packets per the ETSI standard (i.e. "preamble, xx packets to follow" and then "DMR Data packet x of y", etc). I believe where we ran into trouble was when someone provided a sample text message log and it did NOT follow standard ASCII. Since it appears Motorola uses their own custom binary encoding for each character, it might be worth just sending and logging one letter text messages to figure out the binary equivalents of A-Z and 0-9. Might take a long time, but that would be what I'd do if I had a mototrbo radio.
No I could decode the text (which was Unicode encoded) the problem was recognising that a PDU contained that kind of traffic and decoding it as such. I need to get back to working on this problem at some point.

Ian
Old 01-05-2014, 5:26 PM
California DB Admin
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanWraith View Post
Hello All

No I could decode the text (which was Unicode encoded) the problem was recognising that a PDU contained that kind of traffic and decoding it as such. I need to get back to working on this problem at some point.

Ian
Sorry, my mistake! Is there anything the rest of us could help with in that regard?
Old 01-06-2014, 7:42 AM

Hi Folks
Rivet build 71 is out and available for download from the usual place ..

DMRDecode Download

New features are ..

Change so that if a quick log file exists ask the user if they want to overwrite it or append to the existing file.

Change so that if log file exists ask the user if they want to overwrite it or append data to the existing file.

Add support for CSBKO=31 FID=16 (Call Alert) and CSBKO=32 FID=16 (Call Alert Ack) this information kindly provided by bben95.

Decode Tier III Sys_Parms Short LCs

I haven't been able to test this as yet so any reports gladly received.

As usual bug reports and feature requests to this forum please.

Also if you start seeing Sys_Parms Short LCs then congrats you are monitoring a brand new trunked Tier III DMR system. Over time I will add full Tier III support to DMRDecode.

Regards

Ian
Sponsored links
Old 01-06-2014, 8:24 AM
Mentor
Database Admin

Is it just me, or does it seem every time Ian says he will have a new version out in a week or so it's usually a day or two haha. Great work as always! I'll give it a spin today hopefully.

Question regarding Tier III..... Capacity Plus would be Tier III, correct?
Old 01-06-2014, 8:31 AM

Hi Forts

I aim to be quick !!

No Tier III isn't Capacity Plus. Tier III is a fully open digital trunking standard using DMR. Its proper trunking as well with control channels and the like - none of this rest channel nonsense The aim is that you can have a trunked system with different manufacturers radios operating on it. So far I have only come across one report of a Tier III system in action but I have been told to expect several here in the UK in the first half of this year.

Ian
Old 01-06-2014, 8:32 AM
Mentor
Database Admin

Ah ok... good to know, thanks!
Old 01-06-2014, 11:19 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I am getting that exact message on a 454MHz system here in Connecticut. I seem to be seeing the site number matching the Color Code on each of the frequencies. I believe it is in error as I don't think they are at different sites (but perhaps they are).
Running 47% bad frames on a very strong local signal on 3 of the 4 frequencies I can pick up.

chris
Old 01-06-2014, 12:51 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Problem with running

every time i go to run dmrdecode either by clicking on the file or though command prompt, it says that it cant find the main class? Am I missing something?
Old 01-06-2014, 1:39 PM
Mentor
Database Admin

Just with the new version? Did previous versions work OK? Is your Java runtime up to date?
Old 01-06-2014, 2:02 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

yeah java is up to date, and i tried it with b57 and b71
Old 01-06-2014, 2:05 PM
Mentor
Database Admin

I haven't seen that one before, but I'm thinking it must be something with your Java install. I would re -install Java 7 and try it again. Or do you have another PC you can try it on?
Old 01-06-2014, 2:09 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by highstupid View Post
yeah java is up to date, and i tried it with b57 and b71
The latest build of Java is, Java SE 7u45
Java SE - Downloads | Oracle Technology Network | Oracle
Old 01-06-2014, 3:01 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator