DSD Windows Port

Status
Not open for further replies.

binome

I got tired of running a ubuntu box to run DSD on, so I decided to compile it with cygwin for windows.
Provoice decodes are working fine with my pro95 discriminator tapped and running into my logitech g110 keyboard/usb sound card.

DSD 4 win DSD 4 windows - Minus.com

Feel free to try it out and lemme know if there is any problems.

n4yek

Digital Speech Decoder 1.4.1
mbelib version 1.2.3
Error, couldn't open /dev/audio
ioctl reset error
ioctl speed error
ioctl stereo error
ioctl setfmt error
Audio In/Out Device: /dev/audio

That's all it will do.

Last edited:

binome

You need to set the command line options to tell the input and output sound interfaces to DSD to /dev/dsp normally with the -i and -o options.

I've recompiled a version enclosed that won't ask now, so if your lazy and want to decode P25,MOTOTRBO,X2-TDMA
you don't need to do anything and just click dsd.exe

dsdforwin v2 - Minus.com

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Hmm. Very tempting. I boot into Linux when I want to run DSD, no matter how inconvenient it is. I'd surely love to simply just run it in Windows.... but there is that nagging feeling when somebody new on the board posts a binary for which nobody can ensure there is no backdoor, data stealing/leakage, etc.

I'd like to think you were trustworthy, but I won't take that chance.

mike

binome

If you want to replicate it, install cygwin with GCC and make
run make on the mbelib
copy the output files to the dsd directory
then run

gcc -O2 -Wall -L/usr/local/lib -o dsd mbelib.o dsd_main.o dsd_symbol.o dsd_dibit.o dsd_frame_sync.o dsd_file.o dsd_audio.o dsd_serial.o dsd_frame.o dsd_mbe.o dsd_upsample.o p25p1_hdu.o p25p1_ldu1.o p25p1_ldu2.o p25p1_tdulc.o p25_lcw.o x2tdma_voice.o x2tdma_data.o dstar.o nxdn_voice.o nxdn_data.o dmr_voice.o dmr_data.o provoice.o ambe3600x2250.o imbe7200x4400.o ecc.o imbe7100x4400.o

and tada, you have an EXE.

also, my binaries are clean on virustotal.

brandon

Database Admin
This is absolutely fantastic now we can run this on Windows. I already have a Windows based radio/decoding system, so this will be perfect :) cheers mate

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
If you want to replicate it <snip>

Thanks for that info. Understand that I don't mean to suggest that you aren't on the up-and-up, but rather I'm suggesting that there is simply no way to know. I can think of a lot of people on these forums that would immediately download and execute a file such as the one you've made available without ever taking a single precaution or thinking about its origin. I just want people to think before they blindly download something from an unknown source.

I'll do as you suggest. I really wonder why nobody else has ever done this [or at least done this and then published that it compiles easily]. That includes me. why haven't I? because I didn't think it was worth the trouble only to find out that it doesn't compile.

On the other hand, you did and discovered it does compile and does work. Thanks for taking the time and initiative. This will make things much much easier for me than having to boot into Linux.

Mike

binome

The Provoice system I monitor up here in Vancouver seems to have some encrypted channels, and normally the DSD source doesn't seem to mute these, and passes what it expects are IMBE frames to the decoder libraries, resulting in a bunch of annoying garbled crap.

I've made some tweaks to the DSD source to mute these, new binary below.
dsdforwin-provoice ignore encrypt - Minus.com

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
That is awesome, can't believe i never even TRIED to compile it in windows!! A great piece of software just got even better, thank you binome

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin

racingfan360

What a great idea !!

I'd be interested to know what spec of PC folks are finding they need to run this.....ive had good sucess on my desktop pc (intel quad 2.5GHz, 4GB RAM) but no real luck on my netbook (dual boot linux/win xp, but which runs the linux version of DSD just fine).

Jim

jgervais83

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for your time compiling it with Cygwin, it works very well.

I run it with an Acer 6930G (C2D T6400 2GHz/4Gb) on Windows 7 Pro + PSR-500 w/ disc. tap for decoding ProVoice. I suggest everyone to use the Line-In even with Linux for best results.

fdnybuff18

Premium Subscriber
Do I have to install Cygwin in order to run this on my windows machine? Guess looking for a run down of the steps? Thank you for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.