DSD with RTLSDR and VAC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronenp

Hi
is there anyone that run DSD with RTLSDR or Funcube and DSD ?
do you get reasonable decode of P25 ?

I have tried it today with strong PC on win7 the decode is far from being close to scanner decode ...
i was using DSD1.6 and SDRSHARP software with Virtual audio cable 412 and RTL SDR USB dongle receiver and desktop PC running windows 7

Is there anyone with this setup that get good results and can share what exactly he do in order to succeed ?

Thanks Forward
Ronen - 4Z4ZQ
Ronen Pinchooks (4Z4ZQ) WebSite

StephenVa

I use one to decode TRBO and it works ok. No where near scanner quality but it's not too bad. You have to really mess with the settings on SDRSharp to get it right. I kept taking suggestions I found online and applying them to my own situation and eventually got it all tweaked right.

Tweekerbob

In SDR# check these settings:

Radio section:
1. Ensure Squelch is unchecked.
2. Filter - Try a value in between 7000-12000. Of course NFM should be selected. Start on the upper end and work your way down.

Audio section:

1. Set AF gain between 2-3 marks from left. Just a starting point, play with this slowly.
2. Uncheck Filter Audio.

In VAC Control Panel:

Setup a cable with Format Range: SR: 48000...48000 BPS 16...16 NC 2...2 and Cable range under Stream Format.

If you ever notice that the OFlows or UFlows in the VAC Control Panel are increasing steadily, there is a format mismatch between the audio stream generated by SDR# and what DSD was expecting. This can still yield some decoding, but it will largely be garbage.

These settings work for me. Play around with AF gain and Filter settings only slowly and with patience to help fine tune the system. Of course, tuning the receiver as close as possible to the center of the carrier is fundamental.

Attachments

• Untitled 46.jpg
    Untitled 46.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 2,043
  • Untitled 48.jpg
    Untitled 48.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 2,193
Status
Not open for further replies.