DSD Provoice following

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinsky

I tried to listen to provoice using one scanner. It worked with DSD using a 996XT scanner with disc tap but I can't follow all the conversation. I also need to set the scanner to ID SCAN. If I don't, I can't hear anything on the control channel itself.

My question is: how can I follow the Edacs trunking, talkgroups and decode provoice at the same time?

Do I need to use Unitrunker with DSD? How do I feed the audio back to the computer?

If anyone had success listening to provoice let me know how you made your setup working.

Thanks!

SCPD

QRT
With the 996, you'll need a program like Unitrunker and a second scanner. A PSR800 will optionally scan Provoice talkgroups and provide discriminator audio to DSD. The 996 (like many others) skip Provoice calls.

To run DSD with Unitrunker, you will need a tapped radio to feed DSD and some other radio (inline decode or discriminator tap) to feed control data to Unitrunker.

robertpearsall

Premium Subscriber
Ok heres my question I have a psr800 and a computer running xp can I listen to provoice with these two? If so can someone help me set it up

SCPD

QRT
So the 996XT is useless for Provoice listening?

For tracking Provoice calls on a trunked system with only one radio, yes. It can provide trunking data to Unitrunker or provide discriminator audio to DSD (when tapped) but it won't follow voice calls on its own.

robert said:
yes i can not get dsd to down load
Did you try the backup link for downloading?

vinsky

Everything works now with a BCT15X and a 996XT. The 15X radio feeds the first sound card with the discriminator tap. The 996XT is set to voice and follows the Edacs system by the com port and the discriminator tap feeds the second sound card. I plugued speakers on the first sound card while running DSD (-fp) and I can listen to the system. The only issue is the background noise but I can live with that!

Thanks a lot to member Unitrunker for all the help and PATIENCE on this thread and the other one about Unitrunker software!

vans113

Premium Subscriber
it can be a pain getting it to all work together i moniter provoice myself and at times it can be hard to moniter the convo i have all mine set in conv with no delay i usually don't do too bad.

trooper22

ok, I'm still a bit overwhelmed with all the posts here, I guess 2 vhf uhf scanners are useless, but, is there a way with a yaesu vx3 transceiver that receives trunked 800 mghz. to recieve pro voice? and i have a mac pc.

Astrak

ok, I'm still a bit overwhelmed with all the posts here, I guess 2 vhf uhf scanners are useless, but, is there a way with a yaesu vx3 transceiver that receives trunked 800 mghz. to recieve pro voice? and i have a mac pc.

You'll need Windows to use DSD, Unitrunker or SDR#. Using two scanners will work as long as one can be computer controlled by Unitrunker and both are discriminator tapped. You can also invest in a couple USB DVB-T dongles and using SDR#, Unitrunker and DSD follow ProVoice conversations. Do some searching around the forums hopefully doing that can answer a lot of your questions and clear up any confusion you might have.

trooper22

You'll need Windows to use DSD, Unitrunker or SDR#. Using two scanners will work as long as one can be computer controlled by Unitrunker and both are discriminator tapped. You can also invest in a couple USB DVB-T dongles and using SDR#, Unitrunker and DSD follow ProVoice conversations. Do some searching around the forums hopefully doing that can answer a lot of your questions and clear up any confusion you might have.

dang, must have windows, mmm ok thanks.

vans113

Premium Subscriber
If you have any questions ask away! I use 2 scanners with unitrunker and dad to follow provoice

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

trooper22

ah i guess maybe the provoice listening hobby will get a little less techincal in the future lol, just not up to speed on what all this means, and i am not wanting to put windows on to my mac, i dont think ne way, I mean i can buy a dongle or 2 or whatever and plug n play lol, i have 2 ham radios , one of em receives 800 mgz. and i have 2 vhf uhf scanners and my mac.

trooper22

you tube!

ok, I'm still a bit overwhelmed with all the posts here, I guess 2 vhf uhf scanners are useless, but, is there a way with a yaesu vx3 transceiver that receives trunked 800 mghz. to recieve pro voice? and i have a mac pc.[/QUOTe

wish there were some you tube vids of some good provoice listening stations, its much easier to comprehend when one can see the equip. and how it is all connected. just a thought.

Edacs beeps

Has anyone noticed that sometimes the beeps overlap the PV calls.

this happens a lot to me and get half of the conversations. If you believe you have signal issues check this first.
Dumpt - Image Host

I tried to filter out some of these tones with spectrum lab but this program is very overwhelming.

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
I have never seen the EOT 'beeps' overlap an actual transmission. Analog or otherwise. I see you are using an RTL-SDR for receiving, those are notorious for hearing images and having poor performance in high-rf environments. My guess is that you are hearing the dotting sequence from a LCN just above or below it and they are overlapping. Try changing your sample rate (2.4MSps is the best against images ive found) to see if that helps. There simply cant be a dotting sequence in the middle of a digital or analog call, the subscriber radios would all drop the call and go back to the CC.

Status
Not open for further replies.