RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Software > Digital Voice Decoding Software

Digital Voice Decoding Software For discussion of software applications which decode digital voice formats such as P25, NXDN, MotoTRBO, etc. Please use the HF Digital Signals forum for anything below 30MHz.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-04-2013, 10:43 PM
Seņor Member
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Sure. I'll dig it up when I'm near a computer.
Sponsored links
Old 03-05-2013, 5:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsdauthor View Post
As you probably have noticed I have not had any time to give to this project in the past few years. I'm ready to take a fresh look at this and would like to get a new release out with the numerous bug fixes that have been identified.

Please use this thread to consolidate the known issues and fixes.
Please do NOT use this thread to ask for help compiling or using DSD.
If this thread is stickied I will keep this first post updated with the list of known issues being worked on for the next release.
Thank god your back!

I've hacked around at your program and made a few changes, ie adding filters, correcting the golay table, another member contributed a lot of code to decode dstar, my windows version sort of decodes callsigns and dstar text thanks to that, I spent ages changing ambe parameters trying to get voice from dstar but didn't get anywhere with it. If you want any of my 'hacks' let me know, I didn't release it as source code due to it being developed in cygwin on windows and some of it is a bit messy!
Old 03-05-2013, 5:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZScanner View Post
Here's an idea which may or may not be totally crazy - How hard would it be to add the ability to take the output of RTL_FM as an input source for DSD? For example, you'd enter this at a command prompt: rtl_fm -N -f 460.3M -s 48k -o 4 -l 190 |DSD -i stdin -o dev/dsp, other options etc.and DSD would read the stream from RTL_FM and process it that way, eliminating the need for a sound card input in between, which would hopefully make it run much faster and decode better on slower machines like mine. I can pipe RTL_FM to SoX for output to the soundcard, but I have no idea how to go about adding this capability to DSD. If anyone here can point me in the right direction I can try adding the code myself. I'm currently tasked with re-learning C for my job so this would be a fun way to sharpen my skills with it (it's been three kids and many years since I last coded in C).

-AZ
AZScanner, I've had some luck using gnu radio and gr-dsd to connect my DVB-T dongle to DSD. I don't know if that's quite what you want, but it's a way to bypass your sound card and play around with some more customized filtering. You can PM me if you have any questions about it.
Old 03-06-2013, 7:25 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Isn't piping audio between programs what Virtual Audio Cable is for?
Old 03-06-2013, 3:50 PM

Location: Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJLofgren View Post
AZScanner, I've had some luck using gnu radio and gr-dsd to connect my DVB-T dongle to DSD. I don't know if that's quite what you want, but it's a way to bypass your sound card and play around with some more customized filtering. You can PM me if you have any questions about it.
I've actually gotten pretty far with SDR# and DSD on a DVB-T dongle. It currently decodes pretty well on my old laptop, so all I need to do now is add trunking support. I'm working on a trunking plugin that will talk to Unitrunker since the latest dev release doesn't support the existing one. Right now it works, but it's based on squelch, which messes up the decoding. I'm going to work on a new version which will monitor peak power instead. It was surprisingly easy to make a plugin for SDR# - I know hardly any C# whatsoever but I had a working plugin within a couple of hours of messing around.

I'll put up a thread in the SDR forum when the plugin is ready. Hopefully in a day or two...

-AZ
Sponsored links
Old 03-21-2013, 1:55 PM

Are you still needing samples of trunked NXDN? If so, I might be able to get recordings of both variants.

Tags