DSD and OpenSky

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmsanders83

KC8JSU
Premium Subscriber
I have a clarification request for the group...

Does the 1.4 DSD package support decoding of OpenSky systems, like that used in Milwaukee? The note on the official forum page suggests that it is under investigation for deployment but I have seen websites like this one that claim it is currently supported -( Shortwave America: December 2011 )

Living in Milwaukee, I'm very interested in the progress of this ability. If not currently supported, does anyone know of a possible timeline?

Thanks,

Josh

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
OpenSky is not supported in DSD, at least not in the DSD obtained from the links in the wiki. I've never heard anybody suggest that they were working on Opensky support or that one should expect to see support for it in the next N months or years. If I were you, I'd focus on something else and forget about OpenSky. You'll be happier if you do that.

On the other hand, there are a lot of talented software developers out there, some who know or who are good at learning about the various radio platforms. Somebody could be working on it. If they are though, they haven't made it public.

Mike

jmsanders83

KC8JSU
Premium Subscriber
Mike,
Thanks for the response.

The basis for my question is what I read on the DSD forum page here:

Digital Speech Decoder (software package) - The RadioReference Wiki

Which states:

The following formats are currently under investigation or development:

P25 Phase 2 - standard not finalized yet, vocoder is supported by mbelib
OpenSky - four slot format vocoder may be supported by mbelib. Will not be supportable if it is determined that voice encryption is standard
D-STAR - Voice frames recognized, vocoder not supported by mbelib. May be possible to pass voice bits to DVDongle.
Other formats will only be considered if high quality samples of the signals are made available for download by the developers. Samples must be from a discriminator tap, .wav format, 48000Hz, 16 bits per sample, mono.

Status
Not open for further replies.