SDR console 2.2 software is better than SDR# for DSD+

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdobbs2001

It was hard to get audio using SDR# but with SDR radio (SDR v2.2 console) huge night and day difference.

NXDN48 comes clear as day and MOTOTRBO is clear as well.

I suspect the DSP implementation is superior in this software since even FM radio sounds better.

The trick to getting clean audio is to take advantage of the sharper skirt that SDR 2.2 offers and using the variable filter you can slide the filter to the optimal decoding bandwidth.

for example NXDN I use a 4Khz wide filter, I am amazed how narrow those NXDN transmits are and how clear they sound for so little BW consumed.

MOTOTRBO I use a 8.5Khz filter.

For NXDN and MOTOTRBO I also use the audio spectrum EQ and put in -20db on the 12.5Khz to cut out the hiss which helps with the decode.

Anyhow much more superior decode, I was not able to get good clean audio with SDR#

Now on to P25, I am not having luck with P25 period, why is P25 so tough to decode? any tips on decoding that?

br0adband

Every setup is different, every tuner is different, every install is different, every laptop, every audio subsystem, every person too is different so... just for the record I can't tolerate using SDR-Radio for digital decoding purposes (along with DSD+), SDR# is way way better in my particular situation for doing such things.

As for P25, as noted at the link BM82557 provided (the info is buried in the thread), SDR-Radio appears to work well using a 12.5 kHz bandwidth and FM Wide mode instead of FM Narrow. For me, SDR# pulls in P25 without any issues, ever, using FM Narrow and I've never had any issues decoding any P25 content (not that I have a great deal of it in my area, even so).

Same for NXDN, and DMR/MOTOTRBO as well - for me, SDR# works better for the digital decoding side of things as passed to DSD+.

YMMV, as always... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.