Best mobile setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowser22

I'm looking to make a mobile setup. Am I better off using a bct15 with a discriminator tap or some sdr dongles. What kind of computer should I use, I was considering a tablet but most are limited on their I/o.

racingfan360

A win8.1 tablet with a (micro) USB port to connect your USB sound card will work fine. I'd recommend not using a dongle but a tapped scanner. The dongle needs a really strong signal for good decodes and you'll unlikely get this out and about. Plus you'll have a fiddly antenna to play about with.

I'm running an Asus transformer, an imic USB sound card fed from an ICOM r2. It works great. I picked the Asus for processing power and best battery life.

mk262

Premium Subscriber
A win8.1 tablet with a (micro) USB port to connect your USB sound card will work fine. I'd recommend not using a dongle but a tapped scanner. The dongle needs a really strong signal for good decodes and you'll unlikely get this out and about. Plus you'll have a fiddly antenna to play about with.

I'm running an Asus transformer, an imic USB sound card fed from an ICOM r2. It works great. I picked the Asus for processing power and best battery life.

Conventional or trunked?

Status
Not open for further replies.