basic DSDPlus help needed please

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob12770

Hi im new to DSDPlus etc
I don't know how to type in command in the cmd window to change settings in DSDPlus .

I mean if I open a cmd window (using aIt+ctrl+windows key ) with the DSDPlus folder, what do I type in it to access the settings ?
if I type DSDPlus.exe, this merely opens the program, so I cant type anything.

am I making sense ?
I know im missing some basic information here, but ive not really used DOS to any extent before.
cheers rob

Attachments

• dsdrab.jpg
    dsdrab.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 1,029
Last edited:

rob12770

hi, is there any chance you could just post here as It will no doubt help someone else out who may be struggling with same issue ?
thanks rob :)

cg

Premium Subscriber
I don't see DSDPlus.txt in your screenshot. It is a help file. I am not sure if it is included in the download in the newer versions. I prefer to use batch files rather than trying to recall which commands to use in the command line. I type the same info in a Notepad file and save it as "DSDPlus.bat" I also have separate files for P25 only, NXDN only, etc

When you run the program, it first gives you a list of inputs and outputs. You need to know the numbers of which ones you wish to use. Those and any other parameters you wish to use are all added after "DSDPlus.exe" in the batch file or command line. So to do just basic decoding of every signal using input number 2 and output number 1, you would type:
DSDPlus -i2 -o1
enter
There are lots more parameters you can use, they are spelled out in the help file.

hope it gets you started
chris

BM82557

See attached screenshots - First I setup a shortcut on the pc desktop (instead of C:\DSDPLUS_UPGRADE put in the path to the folder you have DSDPlus installed in. Then when you double-click the shortcut you've just created you get a windows with a C prompt (in my attachment the font colors are yellow). Where the cursor is (after the >) type in the dsdplus options you want to use and press enter( yours will probably be different from the -i3 -o1 I use, you have to specify the audio input & output options that apply to your computer). The last screenshot shows the windows that pop up after you have entered it.

Last edited:

moonbounce

Easiest way is after you download it go to your c: drive and create a file name it DSD or however you want to name it. Go to your download folder click on dsd and the next screen you should see will be asking you to "extract all files" click on that. Now you will have a screen asking you where you want to send it, click on browse and find the folder you created named DSD or whatever, then click okay and click on Extract. This will DSD in the folder on your C drive. Once in your C drive go there find the DSD folder and click on it click on it again and a security box will appear asking you if you want to run the program.
This is where you will find the path that you need to insert at the command prompt. It should look something like C:\>dsd1.6\dsd.exe this should run the program, Noe to change parameters instead of the above command type in C:\>DSD1.6\DSD -h or -v3 or whatever extension you want.
I have Windows 7 and that would be the O/S for the instructions above. Hope that is helpful to you.

Moonbounce

rob12770

THANKS for all your replies guys :)

im getting there, I already was decoding dmr and nxdn ok, but I wanted to know how to configure dsd, .

I noticed 1 or 2 signals didn't sound right, all garbled.. of course the might be scrambled, but could this be because I have to invert ?

also, most of the audio I decode sounds robotic , un natural, can this be improved in settings ?
cheers rob.

PS. aside from dmr (mototrbo) and nxdn, what other system signals am I likely to hear in the UK ?

Attachments

• dsd grab2.jpg
    dsd grab2.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 1,057
Last edited:

moonbounce

Depends on what you are trying to decode for example, Apco 25 I would use the -f1, that tells DSD that you only want to decode that one digital mode, that should improve the audio..

Moonbounce

n4yek

hence my question about what im likely to RX in the UK
That will need to be answered by someone from your country or your own personal knowledge. It is difficult for someone in the states to answer that, the database does not show very much for Scotland since the database is made up of submitted information from users of Radio Reference:
Scotland Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
Looks like trunk systems there like to use MPT-1327, which isn't supported by DSDPlus.

woodpecker

hence my question about what im likely to RX in the UK

Not much else here, all the interesting stuff is using encrypted Tetra, just DMR, Nexedge and idas.

Down here in the south east there is some P25 from Alconbury and Lakenheath but most is encrypted, if there's a US air force base near by you might some get P25.

Status
Not open for further replies.