What do I need to monitor DMR Connect Plus (TRBO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I have a few DMR systems in my area what do I need to get the setup or items to monitor? I have a desktop I'm about to put windows xp SP3 on it with a week or so. I have another computer has win7 64bit. Thanks.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
As Steve (above) says, get DSD+. You list the PSR-800 as one of your scanners, so you can use the IF output for the discriminator audio and run to your line-in on audio card on computer.
I have a quite a bit of NXDN here in Los Angeles. Run my WS-1080 IF out to headphone jack, plug into line-in on Windows 7 computer, turn on DSD+, and works very well. Just set up a scan list with all your DMR stations (don't think will work with trunking, so enter as conventional), put into some scan list on PSR-800, and you should be good to go. Good luck.

Steve AA6IO

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
As Steve (above) says, get DSD+. You list the PSR-800 as one of your scanners, so you can use the IF output for the discriminator audio and run to your line-in on audio card on computer.
I have a quite a bit of NXDN here in Los Angeles. Run my WS-1080 IF out to headphone jack, plug into line-in on Windows 7 computer, turn on DSD+, and works very well. Just set up a scan list with all your DMR stations (don't think will work with trunking, so enter as conventional), put into some scan list on PSR-800, and you should be good to go. Good luck.

Steve AA6IO

Thanks. I'll give that a try when I'm not super busy.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Here is the screen shot I have. I see NID: Site: NL: I believe NID is the system ID and Site shows site and NID I'm not sure what that stands for.

Last edited:

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Went nuts

Do I need to lock out the Control Channel? The screen went nuts when it found the CC.
What do you mean it went nuts, are you seeing talkgroups coming up and radio Ids, if so then just put all the frequencies for the system in one group and scan them.
Steve

Last edited:

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I don't see no talkgroups and freqs. When the radio is on the Control Channel keeps scrolling fast and gives catch err

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I locked out the Control Channels and it is not doing nothing just sitting still lol. I have it in conventional.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Connect plus system

This is what I see on my connect plus system. I'm sitting on the control channel with a very strong signal.
Steve

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 1,258

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
The Screen Shot I posted that's all I get. The left box keeps scrolling when I have it on the Control Channel. The other boxes are not doing nothing. I'm getting 2-3 bars of signal.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I did a test on the local p25 uhf comes in clear and worked. I guess I'm too far to hear the DMR system I'm trying

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Test

I did a test on the local p25 uhf comes in clear and worked. I guess I'm too far to hear the DMR system I'm trying

Try doing a search for some more digital systems, in my area I leave DSD+ on and set my scanner to do a search between 400 MHz and 430 MHz and see if DSD+ starts decoding, I also do searches between other bands with DSD+ and find other frequencies.
Steve

vince48

Premium Subscriber
Saint
Greetings. How did you get the three other windows in DSD+ to show? I only get the usual scrolling window

vince48

This is what I see on my connect plus system. I'm sitting on the control channel with a very strong signal.
Steve

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Try doing a search for some more digital systems, in my area I leave DSD+ on and set my scanner to do a search between 400 MHz and 430 MHz and see if DSD+ starts decoding, I also do searches between other bands with DSD+ and find other frequencies.
Steve

I did that like 30 mints ago and did the state slers it shows provoice don't hear voice since its Encrypted. I did a search from 450-470 only finds the Control Channel for that one Power Company site. I'll try the 400-430 since we do have a P25 P l System the Military uses.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
What I see for the Power Company is Con+ NID:164 Site:11 NL:10 12 26. I'm not sure what Con+ NID: NL: stand for.

The other searches from vhf to uhf and 800mhz it came up P25 Pl and Provoice

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
What I see for the Power Company is Con+ NID:164 Site:11 NL:10 12 26. I'm not sure what Con+ NID: NL: stand for.

The other searches from vhf to uhf and 800mhz it came up P25 Pl and Provoice

Con+=Connect Plus (Motorola dedicated control channel DMR trunking system)
NID=Network ID (like a System ID in trunking)
NL=Neighbor List

Status
Not open for further replies.