DSD+ current version and NEXEDGE96

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I am working on listing to a utility company with a rtlsdr and the new version of DSD+.

I am new to nexedge systems so I have a few questions .so far I have not received any voice traffic but I have not been listening long , however the control channel I can decode very well and DSD is showing me radios that are connecting and to what talk group ( my interpretation of tg and rid ). If I can decode the data from the control channel is there a good chance the voice will be not encrypted?

Now this system has sites across the province and most places only have one channel , with 3 have two channels at max ( based off RR database ). Is it possible that the voice data will be transmitted along with the Control Channel data ?

This is the only nexedge system in my area so I don't have much to compare it too. And if there is a list of definitions of what DSD is all decoding like the NAN, it would be helpful.

frazpo

I am working on listing to a utility company with a rtlsdr and the new version of DSD+.

I am new to nexedge systems so I have a few questions .so far I have not received any voice traffic but I have not been listening long , however the control channel I can decode very well and DSD is showing me radios that are connecting and to what talk group ( my interpretation of tg and rid ). If I can decode the data from the control channel is there a good chance the voice will be not encrypted?

Now this system has sites across the province and most places only have one channel , with 3 have two channels at max ( based off RR database ). Is it possible that the voice data will be transmitted along with the Control Channel data ?

This is the only nexedge system in my area so I don't have much to compare it too. And if there is a list of definitions of what DSD is all decoding like the NAN, it would be helpful.

So are you monitoring the voice channels? The data channel will have no voice. You may need to find the voice channels (frequencies)

SCPD

QRT
The only over freq I have for the area I have seen nothing on but will watch it more closely. It is probable that the other areas do not have any one scanning for it / at all. Also the Canadian freq lookup is really hit or miss at times so I will watch the second channel and see if anything pops up.

SCPD

QRT
Just to update I have watched the one voice channel and have gotten a good decode! I still need to check out other frequencies the company has current licenses for but for now it seems if the control channel can be decoded then the voice channel is likely unencrypted?

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Subscribing because Cubic and I are most likely working on the same system. A lot of the sites seem to be single-frequency, so I'm supposing that NXDN96 supports "voice on control".

Cubic, have you figured out any system IDs/site IDs/talkgroups yet? I'm only just setting up my DSD+/SDR#/VAC config today so I haven't done any monitoring yet, but if I get anything, I'll post in the system's thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.