Volunteer FD Niagara Region

Status
Not open for further replies.

nrps801

Hello everyone,
I have programmed my local FD into the scanner and so far there have been no calls, but since they have pagers, would I hear the call which is happening? Today I heard a tone come out where it went from low to high, but no details of anything. Thanks in advance.

NRPS801

JAFFO

In order to hear the 'fire call' you would have to find out the pager frequency they use. Our local volunteer fire departments are paged from one town. Once they are 'paged out' then we only normally hear one side of the conversation from the dispatcher, unless you live closer to the fire scene, then you would hear the local fire scene talk and the calls back to the base or 'fire dispatch' as they call it here.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Fire Dept's

Hello everyone,
I have programmed my local FD into the scanner and so far there have been no calls, but since they have pagers, would I hear the call which is happening? Today I heard a tone come out where it went from low to high, but no details of anything. Thanks in advance.

NRPS801

:confused:What Fire Department Are you talking about ?????
Where are you located and what frequency are you scanning.
Steve

nrps801

Lincoln Fire Department, Ontario.

I live right around the corner from the station. I am listening to 155.91000 (Fire Dispatch), but it doesn't have the pager frequency...

Last edited:

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Lincoln Fire

Lincoln Fire Department, Ontario.

I live right around the corner from the station. I am listening to 155.91000 (Fire Dispatch), but it doesn't have the pager frequency...

These are the two frequencies I have for Lincoln, I hear them from Fort Erie so if you can't hear them then there is something wrong with your scanner.
Steve
153.7700 FIRE LINCOLN/NIAG. ON THE LAKE THOROLD ON
155.9100 FIRE BEAMSVILLE (LINCOLN)/VINELAND)/CAMPDEN/SMITHVILLE/CAISTOR CENTER(GRIMSBY) ONT.

nrps801

Ok, I can hear them now. Because of the flooding I have heard lots of calls so thanks for the help.

Also are you listening to the beamsville area lincoln?

nrps801

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Fire

Ok, I can hear them now. Because of the flooding I have heard lots of calls so thanks for the help.

Also are you listening to the beamsville area lincoln?

nrps801

I listen to all the fire departments around my area, Also Ambulances and OPP.
Steve

homerjay

Hey nrps801. You do have the right frequency for Lincoln FD, however 153.770 is no longer used by them. The only county I am aware of that uses that one as of now is Wellington County, and on a good day from Caistor Centre can be herd.

The other one you have is accurate; however it is a shared frequency with the Grimsby and West Lincoln FD's.

firefgtr

Premium Subscriber
#1. 150.5450 mhz--NFFD volunteer dispatches

#2. 155.4450 mhz--St. Catharines FD

#3. 155.1900 mhz--West Niagara

#4. 150.7550 mhz--Niagara On The Lake FD

#5. 152.1350 mhz--Port Colbourne FD

#6. 153. 8000 mhz--Central Niagara

#7. 148.5400 mhz--Fort Erie FD

#8. 154. 4000 mhz--Dunnville FD

#9. 164.7150 mhz--Port Colbourne FD (repeater)

#10. 154.2500 mhz--Hamilton FD Dispatch

Last edited:

nrps801

Hey nrps801. You do have the right frequency for Lincoln FD, however 153.770 is no longer used by them. The only county I am aware of that uses that one as of now is Wellington County, and on a good day from Caistor Centre can be herd.

The other one you have is accurate; however it is a shared frequency with the Grimsby and West Lincoln FD's.

Yes, I just heard multiple calls for Grimsby and Lincoln to respond for floods, so thanks for all the help.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Are we *sure* 152.135 is Port Colborne Fire Department?

That used to be an MOH Repeater (Channel 4 - Cardiac/ALS) in the pre-fleetnet days.

Gah, yea I just did a TAFL search. I guess this explains why my Minitor II didn't hear a peep last time I was down.

I remember back in the day when it was 153.8000 for Port Colborne, Welland, Wainfleet, Thorold, Pelham and Niagara Falls...and 153.770 for everything else (except Fort Erie). Niagara Falls was the first to defect over to 150.545 and now this fancy MPT stuff.

Oh well. Anyone wanna buy a cheap Minitor II...153.8000 with reeds for Port Colborne Fire Dept? LoL

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Frequencies

That used to be an MOH Repeater (Channel 4 - Cardiac/ALS) in the pre-fleetnet days.

Gah, yea I just did a TAFL search. I guess this explains why my Minitor II didn't hear a peep last time I was down.

I remember back in the day when it was 153.8000 for Port Colborne, Welland, Wainfleet, Thorold, Pelham and Niagara Falls...and 153.770 for everything else (except Fort Erie). Niagara Falls was the first to defect over to 150.545 and now this fancy MPT stuff.

Oh well. Anyone wanna buy a cheap Minitor II...153.8000 with reeds for Port Colborne Fire Dept? LoL

Your right exkalibur, 152.135 was the Old MOH repeater amd k\now is not in use anymore.
Steve

firefgtr

Premium Subscriber

nothin fancy about the MPT stuff for Niagara Falls FD lol :D

Status
Not open for further replies.