How to receive Waterloo Region Public Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldtymer

Can someone tell me the sequence to load the Waterloo Region Public Safety System into my BR330T Uniden scanner so I can track the Fire and Police? I have tried the various software programs and I just can't get anywhere with them. Hopefully there are some instructions that are as clear as Mike Oxlong's instructions on how he programmed the Fleetnet system to work with a 396 digital scanner. I don't even know where to begin. Thanx in advance.

BC_Scan

If you have zero exp with trunking this is a challenging place to start , apparently this is a EDACS system,
first all you need a copy of ARC software, to program as there are 16 freq's in the trunk system
2nd, if you dont going manual is a P.I.T.A time consuming as you have to do both hands (can be done)
3rd, you have do be in ID search mode on 396 or 330 once all programmed in, that way it will pick up all analog tx's
you should also be in a bank (or system) all by itself to start, this way you can see if when scanning that it locks onto control channel, without this you are SOL.
with edacs your radio must aquire the control channel in order to hear anything.
If this is all greek to you , you will have to read the manual to understand trunking and read the wiki on trunking.
does this help? as usual your post does not contain relevant information about your knowledge of trunking
I need more info as to where you roadblocked with your software

mciupa

Canadian DB Admin
Can someone tell me the sequence to load the Waterloo Region Public Safety System into my BR330T Uniden scanner so I can track the Fire and Police? I have tried the various software programs and I just can't get anywhere with them. Hopefully there are some instructions that are as clear as Mike Oxlong's instructions on how he programmed the Fleetnet system to work with a 396 digital scanner. I don't even know where to begin. Thanx in advance.

From the marksscanner page try this for EDACS programming:

To Program a new EDACS system, press Menu. At 'Program System' press E At 'Select System' scroll to 'New System' and press E.
At 'Select Sys Type' scroll to 'EDCS' and press E.
Scroll to 'WIDE'and press E
At 'Confirm?' press E

Scroll to 'Set Frequencies' and press E.
At 'New Frequency' and press E
At 'Input Frequency' enter the frequency and press E
At 'Input LCN' enter the LCN number and press E
At 'Edit Frequency' press Menu and scroll down to 'New Frequency', then press E
Repeat to program the rest of the trunking frequencies. Press Scan to exit.

You can find freq's at this link:http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=1783
Make sure you start at the beginning of the bank.

oldtymer

Thank you for directing me in the setup. I still have two questions with some sub-questions....
When I enter the "frequency" and press "E" and then enter the "LCN" and press "E" ........I'm not sure what the LCN is. A: There are many numbers listed ie: DEC and AFS. #1. Are either of these the LCN? #2. If not, where do I find the LCN and what might it look like? My scanner will only accept two digits from 01 thru 99 but some of the numbers here have three and four digits. #3. Do I have to enter the same LCN for every frequency? Is LCN "logical channel number" or control number or what? Thanx in advance.

oldtymer

I think I found the LCN...!!!

My previous post can be ignored as I think the LCN is the two digit number before the actual frequency. I entered it and it was accepted. I did the same for all 16 frequencies and have LCN's from 01 to 16. I'll try it out on Thursday when I am in the Kitchener/Waterloo area. Thanx again for your clear instructions.

BC_Scan

Negative , , LCN is critical here , it is the actual freq that the comm takes place on , for edacs this is a must in it's proper sequence (in your case it is confirmned)
DEC & AFS refers to the channel or talkgroup that the agency in question is on
DEC is decimal format, & AFS is Agecy , FLeet & Subfleet, this is a lso critical as an EDACS system can have about 2000 different channels spread over multiple users, ie Police channel 1-16 00-085 chan 1, 00-086 chan 2 etc, this is explained in your manual , did you read it ?

tusker305

This Might Help, Frequencies with a "C" are control channels.
LCN 01 FREQ 868.3250C, LCN 02 FREQ 868.5250C, LCN 03 FREQ 868.7375C, LCN 04 FREQ 868.9375C, LCN 05 FREQ 868.2250C, LCN 06 FREQ 868.4250, LCN 07 FREQ 868.6250, LCN 08 FREQ 868.8375, LCN 09 FREQ 866.4750, LCN 10 FREQ 868.5750, LCN 11 FREQ 868.7875, LCN 12 FREQ 868.9875, LCN 13 FREQ 868.2750, LCN 14 FREQ 868.4750, LCN 15 FREQ 868.6875, LCN 16 FREQ 868.8875.

For the future the LCN Numbers are the small Numbers before the actual Freq in the database.
Make sure you start with the first channel in your BANK/GROUP, then program all 16 in exact order. NOTE: double check LCN 09 the freq maybe 868.4750 as the 866 maybe a typo in the database. Hope this helped. Good Luck. Let us know how you make out.

cpuerror

Here is the system I use to monitor waterloo. It has all the frequencies entered in to get you started. It is in FreeSCAN format so you will have to use that program to upload it.

Attachments

• waterloo.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 65

oldtymer

Waterloo Regional works perfectly now....

Thanx for the information about programming the analog K-W police system. It works very well. Before when I entered the frequencies in my scanner from lowest frequency to highest frequency I was getting everything all mixed up and was unable to lock out the unwanted channels. Knowing that LCN is the first two tiny digits before the frequency was critical. Also, I left LCN 09 exactly as published in the frequency chart as 866.4750 but don't know enough about the system and the frequencies to know if this is actually a wrong frequency. Everything appears to work OK. I entered all the information into my BR 330T and as soon as I learn how to program two systems into my BCD 396T I'll put Waterloo Regional on it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.