South Simcoe Police , new digital system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jammin_Jay

I came across an article regarding South Simcoe Police Service. Its look like yet another analog system going bye bye. There is a proposal to implement a new digital system. One key to this article mentions "to block scanners". Here is the link... dated Aug 13, 2008

quote: "The new digital system Mr. Cheesman proposed the police service purchase would rectify all of these problems, block out scanners used by the general public and meet narrow band licence requirements that will come into effect in 2010. The current system does not meet the 2004 licence requirements."

Remember this is just talked about... the actual decision has NOT been made yet.

http://www.thetopic.ca/article/79565

Last edited:

mbstone99

Premium Subscriber
South Simco

I came across an article regarding South Simcoe Police Service. Its look like yet another analog system going bye bye. There is a proposal to implement a new digital system. One key to this article mentions "to block scanners". Here is the link... dated Aug 13, 2008

quote: "The new digital system Mr. Cheesman proposed the police service purchase would rectify all of these problems, block out scanners used by the general public and meet narrow band licence requirements that will come into effect in 2010. The current system does not meet the 2004 licence requirements."

Remember this is just talked about... the actual decision has NOT been made yet.

http://www.thetopic.ca/article/79565

I found this part quite interesting and had to comment..

"The new digital system Mr. Cheesman proposed the police service purchase would rectify all of these problems, block out scanners used by the general public and meet narrow band licence requirements that will come into effect in 2010. The current system does not meet the 2004 licence requirements."

Now this could mean a proprietary type of digital like Mototrbo or maybe hopefully it just might be P25 (with or without encryption hopefully without if they go this route) and this person doesn't know digital scanners are available. Well for the scannerists up there I hope they go with the plan old P25 route.

Matt

Last edited:

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Maybe that is Upman's upcoming unveiling.

I kind of wondered that myself. I suspected it might be one of the paid upgrades he was talking about.

If Motorola hasn't done anything too funky with the standard, then it should be easy to implement a carrier squelch version of the protocol.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

smittyj77

When you say paid upgarde, do you mean possibly like a paid firmware upgarde for say the BCD996T and the 396T ?

Status
Not open for further replies.