MNR Lake St.clair/erie

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
I tried looking in the database for windsor area lakes (St.Clair, mouth of detroit river, erie) but nothing specifies for this area, only thing i could find is for wheatley, anybody know of the freq for this area, Thanks for any replies or suggestions

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
yea i have fleetnet towers in for doyles,windsor, and essex, but have yet to hear the MNR

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
They might be patched with other talkgroups.
From my experience here in the GTA I often hear them on the Caledon talkgroup or occasionally on one of their talkgroups.
I have understandably, heard them often enough while up north.

Muxlow

Super Secret
Only time i ever hear them, Is when they log on and off duty. But i dont hear that all the time. Last time i herd them was a few months ago looking for some ladys house

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
roger that, wonder if they have their own trunk system now?? Be kinda interesting to hear them when they check boaters for their limits for fishing and stuff like that...Anyone know if possibly they are encrypted?

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
They are on fleetnet and I think a t/g or 2 is encypted, I guess for poachers.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Most of their OPS channels are in the clear, but the conservation officers have a variety of encrypted talkgroups they can use as well. From what I've seen using T88, they just aren't overly chatty. I've commonly seen their OPS talkgroups patched to an OPP talkgroup at night, sometimes with an MTO Enforcement talkgroup thrown in for good measure.

fuzzyscanner

I heard there are only two MNR officers in one county. I heard them onces trying to catch a rattle snake. Thats about it. But they do come on every now and then.

jellotor

There may be more than two, depending on the area. I think budget cuts reduced the number of Conservation officers in the field but I know in certain areas there are many more than two officers.

I've heard conservation officers call the comm centre to do a DL check on more than one occaision. It doesn't happen particularly often but it does happen.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I had a good chuckle last year... I think it was maybe May '24 weekend 2007. Heard a female MNR officer in a provincial park asking for OPP assistance. Apparently some campers were breaking a handful of park rules so she was attempting to evict them and they were giving her a hard time. Every time she would key the mic to call the comm centre you could hear these guys mouthing off to her in the background. The comm centre asked if she needed emergent assistance and she replied "no, I'm ok.... The loudest of the bunch found out the hard way that I carry a gun and handcuffs and is now resting comfortably across the hood of my truck" :)

jellotor

My sister is a park warden and assistance calls to the OPP are reasonably common. For the most part wardens and conservation officers are different folks...

And as far as Fleetnet radios, certain parks have 'em, certain parks don't. My sister's park doesn't...but Wasaga does, I believe. If she needs assistance from the OPP, she gets on the horn to call them.

Still, I wouldn't mess with her...I've been hit by an asp before and it hurts more than I'd like to admit.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
My sister is a park warden and assistance calls to the OPP are reasonably common. For the most part wardens and conservation officers are different folks...

And as far as Fleetnet radios, certain parks have 'em, certain parks don't. My sister's park doesn't...but Wasaga does, I believe. If she needs assistance from the OPP, she gets on the horn to call them.

Still, I wouldn't mess with her...I've been hit by an asp before and it hurts more than I'd like to admit.

Graeme: What is a ASP?
I was at Turkey Point & Long Point this summer, did not look like fleetnet radios on their vehicle thingees.
Should have used my close call.

Killmans zoo uses FRS.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager

It's only the Conservation Officers that carry the Fleetnet radios.

The Provincial Parks (including Wasaga) are still on lowband.

99% of their communications are back to the Park Office on portable so Fleetnet won't do them much good since it wasn't designed for portable coverage.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber

No ****!! They hammered on us pretty hard during training - and that was going easy, still hurt like nobody's business!

Is it true "across the board" that a Romeo unit is MNR? I know down in the GTA, when you hear 5-Romeo, it is an MNR unit, I also know the same holds true in "3" area (as in 3-Romeo).

-M

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Is it true "across the board" that a Romeo unit is MNR?

A Romeo unit without a number proceeding the Romeo is an MNR unit.

If you get a look at a Conservation Officers truck, you'll see they have Romeo ID's.

A Romeo ID with a number in front would be an OPP unit. London Comm Centre dispatches 6Romeo units which are Bruce County. They also dispatch Romeo units which are MNR.

jellotor

It's only the Conservation Officers that carry the Fleetnet radios.

The Provincial Parks (including Wasaga) are still on lowband.

99% of their communications are back to the Park Office on portable so Fleetnet won't do them much good since it wasn't designed for portable coverage.

Makes sense to me. The only park I've camped at in the last 5 years wouldn't need radios for communication as you can practically yell from one end of the property to the other.

Steve, you'll know which one I'm talking about.

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
When the conservation officers are on the water do they use reg Marine channels or would they use their own radios..

Status
Not open for further replies.