Help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tri

Hello I am a new person at scanning, I just have one question I live in the North York area of Toronto and will be monitoring the different police divisions in the area 33, 32, 42, 41 divisions and any others I can listen to, do I need a digital scanner or will a regular trunking scanner do, and is one of the Uniden scanners good for this. Any info you can give would be gr8. Thanks

mciupa

Canadian DB Admin
Hi Tri welcome to RadioReference. :)

For Toronto Police a non-digital trunktracker will do fine. York,Peel should be no problem to receive either.
Being that you are in North York , you should visit www.radioworld.ca at Steeles W. & Hwy 400 to see the various Uniden scanners for sale.

tusker305

BCT 15 from Radio World on Steeles Ave in Toronto should work fine for TPS, Fire, and EMS. $300 and change, out the door. OPP now that is another story, you need a Digital scanner, same store. but involves a small student loan. They are a great radio, Got one awhile ago, liked it so much I now have 5 of em.

Tri

Thank you

Thank you to mciupa, tusker305 and hawkeye32 for your help, I will head out to Steeles ave and check out their scanners. Thanks so much for your help and prompt replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.