Canwarn & Hamactivity in the Halton Hamilton area &

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Hi. Last nghts storms gave me an opportunity to listen to the members of Canwarn. I heard a 'net' on 443.250 & 146.805. They were monitoring activity in the above mentioned region & Brant Hal/Norfolk it seemed like.
I checked out there website but found no frequencies.

Are there any other canwarn frequencies used by repeaters here?

Secondly, can anyone here rec'd busy ham repeaters for the the above mentioned area that are generally active with some thrown in for Oakville Mississauga?

Thanks in advance,

E

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
No problem Eric. Everytime there is a storm brewing I switch the canwarn system on to see what is happening around Ontario.

Ron

pathalogical

Actually, last night was the first time that I used the all FIPS weather feature on my 246 ! The radio alerted with one type of tones for WATCH -- THUNDERSTORMS and a second time with different tones for WARNING -- THUNDERSTORMS. It was for Hamilton area. If it was the middle of the night, it would definitely get ya outta bed !!!

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
No problem Eric. Everytime there is a storm brewing I switch the canwarn system on to see what is happening around Ontario.

Ron

Last nights were cool to watch roll in, we had a vicious one roll thru during the early afternoon also.

Path: I wont activite the FIPS for mine, enough wakes me up here.

:)

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
LOL, the sirens on the 246T are crazy eh....If a person can't hear those, then they've gotta be deaf. First time I heard those, I didn't know what the hell was goin on.

But the sirens certainly do work though.

Actually, last night was the first time that I used the all FIPS weather feature on my 246 ! The radio alerted with one type of tones for WATCH -- THUNDERSTORMS and a second time with different tones for WARNING -- THUNDERSTORMS. It was for Hamilton area. If it was the middle of the night, it would definitely get ya outta bed !!!

mrweather

If you can receive the VE3ULR "hub" at 442.025 that is where all CANWARN traffic for this area originates from. Sometimes it's linked the ULR 2m machine at 145.470.

The repeater itself is networked with several other repeaters which the net controller and patch in as needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.