OPP APCO25 Threshold setting BCD996T?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smittyj77

Hello,

Bought a BCD996T - awesome so far, subscribed to radio refernce and downloaded ARC996, the only way to go to program this scanner. The software and this site are absolutley amazing.

My question is about the APCO25 Threshold setting for the OPP, what does everyone have their threshold start at?

I have noticed that on APCO that the coversation drops out and picks back up almost instantly but you still miss bits and pieces of the conversation. Is this the threshold setting or does anyone else have any ideas?

I have the latest firmware 2.00.06 or.36 i think, whichever is the latest.

smittyj77

Ok it seems that on my local police channel that the conversation pops in and out as well, its just as if the signal is coming in and out, but crystal clear.. i guess you could describe it as the conversation is "choppy"

polkaroo

Keep in mind with digital, you get all or nothing. there's no "bits of static."

LordJ

My threshold setting is 5. I will also surmise that your 'choppy' sound is from having the Close call on or a priority feature or the WX alert on....

Last edited:

VE3RADIO

My threshold setting is 5. I will also surmise that your 'choppy' sound is from having the Close call on or a priority feature or the WX alert on....

I had the same problem, once you turn those features off, its clear as the night sky.

smittyj77

WZ1 and LordJ, thanks for the info. You guys were right on the money, I had the Close Call Feature turned on. I turned this feature off and I get the whole conversation clear as a bell. And now I love this scanner lol.

Thanks

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
Hi smittj77,
If you have installed the latest firmware there should be no threshold adjustment, because Uniden has taken it and made it adjust automatically.

I should mention that I believe the settings do remain in the menu though.

Last edited:

smittyj77

Yes the setting is auto but you can still adjust it as to where the threshold setting starts at... ex 7 or 12. and number in between 0 and 20.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
When using firmware v2.00.06, the scanner completely ignores that setting no matter if you have selected AUTO or MAN.

Unfortunately, there are a number of P25 systems that do not encode according to the P25 standard (which on earlier f/w versions resulted in a AUTO start value of >10). Those systems aren't working very well under 2.00.06. We'll be including a fix for this in the rebanding update...but a temporary fix is available over at the "Unidenflash" Yahoo! group. The OP does not need this version, however (and I discourage you from trying it if you don't need it...).

Status
Not open for further replies.