Toronto CNE Airshow

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
Be sure to start watching out for some planes rolling into Toronto probably on Wednesday for the airshow. Be sure to listen on Pearson's tower frequencies.

Here is the confirmed line up so far:
http://www.cias.org/content/view/31/36/

Show info:
http://www.cias.org/content/blogcategory/16/32/

Peter Ivakitsch's webpage frequency list:
http://www.canairradio.com/airshow.html

While your at the show you can listen in to the CNE frequencies which Exkalibur has a list going on this thread:
http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116076

Hope we have some good weather for the show:).
Take care

Last edited:

pathalogical

I'll be keeping an eye in the sky for sure and an ear on the radio ! They recently added three planes but I'm wondering if they're doing some last minute wheelin' 'n dealin' to get them 22s up here again !

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
Hey Path,
Unfortunetly we will not see the F-22 Raptor this year:(, but we get a good show with the line up that is set up though.

Take care
Ron

VA3DBJ

Ontario Database Admin
Database Admin
Since Ontario is in the East NORAD sector the CF-18 should be coming from Bogotville, unless availablility is an issue.

At the start, all airshows from Manitobia west, CF-18's were provided by Cold Lake and Ontario east from Bogotville. With a few exceptions, the past couple of years, they have pretty much kept to the east and west divisions.

"Two ground teams will provide ground support for this year’s 2008 demonstration season. From 3 Wing Bagotville, QC, MCpl Daniel Paré, Cpl Carl Tremblay, Cpl Martin Delisle, Cpl Joel Gagnon and Cpl Real Landry will provide the support while Sgt Dan Nightingale, MCpl Mike Bevington, Cpl Troy Keats and Cpl Stacie Blewaska will support for the western locations from 4 Wing Cold Lake, AB. The entire team is proud to celebrate the anniversaries of both NORAD and Quebec City."

"The tail of the aircraft has been dedicated to NORAD’s 50th Anniversary. NORAD’s emblem, which is proudly displayed, serves as a symbol of unity between the United States and Canada. NORAD missions have evolved significantly over the course of the last 50 years, and will continue to evolve as necessary to ensure the safety of our people and the defence of our homelands. Canada and the U.S. share a rich and colourful history, and NORAD is perhaps one of the best examples of how two countries have worked together for so long in a positive, mutually-beneficial relationship that continues today."

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
If it helps i saw a bunch fly directly over my apartment today in Burlington, loud as hell, reminded me of living in Parkdale.. :).
I imagine they were going to park in Hamilton?

pathalogical

I saw the F 16 from my shack between 2:15 & 2:30pm. It was assigned rwy 23 to land on and kept my binocs locked on him too. Heard the 'Birds were low on fuel also. And an interesting callsign (not sure if it's airshow related) I heard was POISON ??? on 358.1000, it was pilot only on this freq and the atc was on 128.8000 or 132.8000.

Thanks for your info ScannerDesk !

VA3DBJ

Ontario Database Admin
Database Admin
Now that is interesting.. POISON has been used by the T-38C's from the 50th FTS/14th FTW at Columbus for the past couple of years..

mciupa

Canadian DB Admin
Got to view the airshow from out in the lake on my buddy's boat.
Nice to have the sun behind me for a change instead of shielding my eyes from the sun during the acrobatics and high climbs.
Found that all I really needed to monitor was 119.200 , 118.000 and 123.600.
Lots of marine radio traffic on VHF with multiple Toronto Marine Units , a Durham Marine Unit plus the Canadian Coast Guard as well.

KL

I was on a frien's sail boat on Sunday just outside of the airshow box and just a bit to the west, great view not looking into the sun, but it is noticeably further out from the show line.

I was then on a CCGC boat on Monday at the southwest corner of the airshow box, there were two intrusions by idiot boaters into the show box, one ran for at least a couple of minute with both a Metro and a CCGC/RCMP boat chasing him before he stopped, and the other was only for 30 seconds and was close enough to us that I can hear the siren from the police boat chasing it.

Don't know what these two idiots were thinking? I hope they get the books thrown at them! I saw someone in an aluminum boat near Ontario Place last year getting sandwhiched by two Metro Police boat and forced ashore, and the cops tackled and handcuffed him as soon as they got to him, the aluminum boat was still there the next day........

IIRC, although I didn't listen, 123.1 was suppose to be he airshow hold freq, perhaps they would still use it next year.

Last edited:

KL

Heard the 'Birds were low on fuel also.

There were more gaps than planned on Saturday, the Snowbirds got airborne earlier than needed as a result, which meant they burnt more fuel just loitering around.

Plus the C-130 from Niagara Falls took more air time too, again cause the Snowbirds to burn more fuel than planned.

As such the Snowbirds cut short a few manouvers when one of the pilot called Bingo near the end.

This was one of the two issues Snowbirds Boss had from the show on Satuday, which were then brought to Air Boss's attention.

pathalogical

I hung out by the airport and noticed it was quite early when the Snowbirds took off between 3:00 to 3:20pm. Last year they were in the air around 3:40-ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.