MTO Enforcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muxlow

Super Secret
Why is it that when ever I hear the MTO enforcement guys they are always on the Barrie talk group?
For about just over an hour around Chatham Kent iv herd them pulling people over and they are on the Barrie TG. Whats with that? Dont think iv herd them guys on anything els.
Do they just keep their radios on one TG and never change it or something? Or is that TG listed wrong?

Its TG 3840 for Essex/CK MTO Enforcement. And thats listed as Barrie

Any info on this?

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Either someone made an error when posting on RR, or they have a bunch of talkgroups patched with Barrie being the supergroup.

I've never seen a wide-area patch like that before, but it is certainly possible. Have you heard anything other than C/K related comms?

MTO and MNR are two places RR is pretty lacking...itd be nice to get it updated, but I don't think that's likely considering how long the system has been in use for now.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I'll start taking note of the MTO guys in the London - Sarnia corridor. See what talkgroup they seem to hang out on.

Edit: I just checked radio 4018 which I had identified ages ago as the Putnam South Scales. According to Trunk88 it's affiliated to 3840 (Barrie) 23 times, 3808 (Windsor) 17 times and 3776 (London) 4 times. So that definitely doesn't seem right to me. I'll start making some more notes.

Last edited:

Muxlow

Super Secret
Seems odd eh? Everyone on the Barrie TG and not their own area/zones
The Maintence guys iv herd on all the different MTO talk groups like the CAMC and London ones, Seems these enforcement guys all like the barrie tg. And they all call into london comm

jellotor

I'd guess that they've changed the function of that talkgroup.

You quite often see patches between MTO Enforcement talkgroups and OPP talkgroups (I can recall one on the Caledon talkgroup) and Steve mentioned, I believe, that it was usually related to comm centre staffing.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Yeah I've spotted that a time or two as well. At one point they had Elgin OPP, an MTO talkgroup and an MNR talkgroup all patched together overnight.

greenhorn123

Any Ideas what Freq MTO Maintenance uses for paging?

Maintenance doesn't use pagers

Pagers are only for On Call Snowplow operators Dec 1st to Apr 1st(must be avail 24/7) but patrolmen seldom page. easier to call

Patrolmen are the guys that drive around in TWD,Steed&Evans, Miller pickups, using cellphones and Motorolas

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
No i was talking about the guys that block off roads/lanes for accidents.... I believe they are dispatched via paging

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.