Go Transit on Pro 2096

Status
Not open for further replies.

mciupa

Canadian DB Admin
Last weekend I picked up a Pro 2096 in NY State as they were on sale for $379. Got everything but Go Transit to trunk.
I prefer to enter manually and not use Win software for now.

Because of this decision I must use a Base freq > than 406 and after a search in the forum it was shown that using 406.0125 Base and 10272 Offset with 12.5 Khz spacing that the system should trunk on a 2096.
After doing this ,what I am seeing is the VC freq.'s popping up in the 470's with the MOT ID's but no voice heard , I'd like it to trunk properly.

Hope someone can offer some suggestions , Thanks.:)

Last edited:

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
If you are hesitant to buy Win96, don't forget it comes with a fully featured 30 day trial. Once you give it a whirl I'm sure you wouldn't want to go back to programming by hand. You also need the software if you are going to enter additional trunking tables for Fleetnet (only 1 can be entered by hand).

mciupa

Canadian DB Admin
Well , I figured out why it wasn't trunking properly. There is an ommision in the Owner's Manual in a critical programming step. After looking in the WIKI here at RR , I saw I didn't have the 9600 table set.

To program Go Transit on a Pro 2096 :

Press PGM , then Trunk
Press FUNC then 2

Enter Base 406.0125
Enter Offset 10273 (not 10272)
Enter Space 12.5 KHz
Press FUNC , then 4 (this was the key missing step)
Choose Table for 9600 system

Enter your closest CC , hit SCAN and Boom goes the dynamite

So all is good and I'm now listening to the Milton Line :cool:

I will consider registering for Win 96 later as it is too cumbersome to text tag by hand. It will make life much easier. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.