Just got my first GRE-PSR600

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to jump ship and try this unit from GRE. I have the same problems with the Fleetnet system as the Radioshack units (which I sold) the filtering is so poor that with my antenna on the roof I wasn't getting any control channels, yet putting the telescopic antenna on it, I was able to hit the Mississauga tower (I'm near the airport) My BCD996 works perfect with my antenna and the control channels for the surrounding systems are nice and clear.
All other systems like Metro, Peel even GO transit work just fine.

But I do like some of the unit's features, I'm curious to find out how the 'roaming' works when I'll put it in the car.

Now I just have to play around with the rest of the features to see if it's worth keeping over the 996

pappy1

Try going into your software and highlight the system you are having a problem receiving and check the Att check box, then upload to the scanner. That worked for two systems on my setup. Dont use the keyboard Att as that will set it for all systems and stop thw weeker systems from being located.

_jabber_

Gre-psr600

Just curious... Where did you buy it? I see the Radio Shack dropped their prices ( Pro 96 $397.00 ) but if the price and location to buy is right Ill look eleswhere.

hypersight

Dont use the keyboard Att as that will set it for all systems and stop thw weeker systems from being located.

This will only happen when you have the ATT set to "Global Atten: ON".

If you want to attenuate individual objects, make your ATT settings are set to "Global Atten:OFF". and "AttenMode: Normal"

hoser147

It just takes time and experimentation to see how its going to work for you. For me thats part of what its about, playn around and tweakin to see what works best. Good Luck and Good Scannin Hoser

Try going into your software and highlight the system you are having a problem receiving and check the Att check box, then upload to the scanner. That worked for two systems on my setup. Dont use the keyboard Att as that will set it for all systems and stop thw weeker systems from being located.

Got it figured out. The problem was I left the Global ATT on as well as the system ATT. Once I turned off the global, it started working on my external antenna.

I'm starting to like this unit more an more. Just missing the large LCD that my 996 has...

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
In my opinion, dont get a Pro-96 for $397. Save up get a psr-500 for not much more then that.
Youll be much happier.

Sent you a PM with a bunch of links where to buy (it was long so didnt want to post it all here)

Just curious... Where did you buy it? I see the Radio Shack dropped their prices ( Pro 96 $397.00 ) but if the price and location to buy is right Ill look eleswhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.