Is the gre-600 in Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxtail

Premium Subscriber
Just wondering if anyone has been able to get one here in Cnd. yet? If so, where and what did you pay for it? If not here but from US, what was the total with ship and duty on it? I'd like to get one but just wondering where from! Thanks for your time, foxtail.

I picked one up from a store in Toronto. Can't tell who just jet (special order just for me :) )
but the word is they will be available soon, at or around $500 CAD

hypersight

Just wondering if anyone has been able to get one here in Cnd. yet? If so, where and what did you pay for it? If not here but from US, what was the total with ship and duty on it? I'd like to get one but just wondering where from! Thanks for your time, foxtail.

For my PSR500, I paid $499.95 USD plus 42.00 USD Shipping (USPS) which converted to about $563 CAD at the time of purchase. When I picked it up at the post office I had to pay $26.01 GST + $41.62 PST + $8.00 Canada Post brokerage fee. Customs valued the scanner at $520.26 CAD. You do not pay duty on scanners. Make sure your shipper will mark the package "Amateur Radio Equipment" to avoid hassles in paying duty.
So the total $CAD out of my pocket was $638.63
I bought mine from Grove Enterprises - a very reputable dealer in the US with great customer service.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
There is only one major scanner store in Toronto... is it who im thinking of?

$500CDN isnt bad.. although our crappy 13% tax kills it adds $65.

I picked one up from a store in Toronto. Can't tell who just jet (special order just for me :) )
but the word is they will be available soon, at or around $500 CAD

smason

Go to "the radio company" its $440US with the CLICK THE BOX discount - $10 for RR members
http://www.theradiocompany.com/produ...roducts_id=248
They will ship via US-PS for $20-$30

I have not ordered from them, but others have.
http://www.radioreference.com/forums...d.php?t=115513

I got mine on Friday from theradiocompany. Shipping was a bit slow, but $430.00 US + $30 shipping worked out to CDN $500.00 after Mastercard's rate conversion. Plus $26.00 GST upon arrival.

Status
Not open for further replies.