401 shooting at Keele St.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pathalogical

VSA victim on the roadway. Patching with 31 division and OPP. Live coverage from the air and CP24 and CTV Newsnet. Suspect vehicle possibly on fire at Armel Crt.

pathalogical

Are the MTO cameras recorded ? If they were pointed in the right direction, it may answer some of their questions. What about traffic accidents, if it's a non fatal wreck, why not show the public what really happened ?

VE3RADIO

Are these digital?

Depends how you tune in... if you tune to 31 division on Toronto Public Safety.. NO.. if you turn to Foxtrot Downsview OPP on Fleetnet YES. its the first time i have heard the exact same transmission come over both radio services at the same time.. TPS sounded soooo good in P25!

Tiny5

Depends how you tune in... if you tune to 31 division on Toronto Public Safety.. NO.. if you turn to Foxtrot Downsview OPP on Fleetnet YES. its the first time i have heard the exact same transmission come over both radio services at the same time.. TPS sounded soooo good in P25!

I have something of a newbie question... I've seen all the TPS frequency lists, and I know the frequency for 31 Div. dispatch. What does it mean to tune to 31 division on Toronto Public Safety... is that different from 31 Div. dispatch?

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
Anybody know how the patch is physically possible between to the systems? Is there some sort of link between the system controllers of just a Fleetnet radio linked to the TPS system by way of the dispatcher console?

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Fleetnet radio at 703 Don Mills.

The supervisor console for TPS is able to patch 1OPS42 onto whatever TPS talkgroup it needs to be on.

newtoscanning

Did you see it?

Did anyone catch the fact that every news outlet was showing the 'body' under a blue tarp with a tent over it.

But if you watch the CTV 'extended' coverage (basically the un-edited footage from the CTV News Chopper) all that was under the blue tarp was two pylons and some blood. The body was in the ambulance...

jellotor

...what's your point?

I know when I cut together the viz from our cruddy chopper they kept a reasonable (tasteful) lens distance which is fine with the majority of the audience, in my opinion.

hypersight

Fleetnet radio at 703 Don Mills.

The supervisor console for TPS is able to patch 1OPS42 onto whatever TPS talkgroup it needs to be on.

I noticed the patch between OPS42 and 31 Div was also on Fleetnet TG 9648. Is 9648 used when any TPS Division is patched with OPP, or was it just used for 31 Div in this case?

Status
Not open for further replies.