Hamilton system down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldzy

Anyone know what is going in the Hamilton area? I press HOLD (BR-330T) and hear nothing on the control channel. I can hear random chatter, but only when on HOLD.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Anyone know what is going in the Hamilton area? I press HOLD (BR-330T) and hear nothing on the control channel. I can hear random chatter, but only when on HOLD.

Same thing on my 396 here in Burlington.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I press HOLD (BR-330T) and hear nothing on the control channel. I can hear random chatter, but only when on HOLD.

Doesn't Hamilton have multiple control channels?

If they've switched control channels to one you don't have in, they you won't hear anything.

oldzy

Yes, they do multiple CC's and I have them all programmed in.

Not sure if it is related, but a week or so ago, I heard one of the dispatchers informing someone to switch to 'simplex'.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Doesn't Hamilton have multiple control channels?

If they've switched control channels to one you don't have in, they you won't hear anything.

I have 866.4125

in as Conteol channles in CC mode.

Right now I am hearing voice comms the above channels.

DaveH

I have 866.4125

in as Conteol channles in CC mode.

Right now I am hearing voice comms the above channels.

If you're hearing voice comms on the CCs. but no CC noise, I suggest
searching ALL of the other channels for the CC. SmartNet can have up to four
CCs and I only see three listed.

Dave

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
If you're hearing voice comms on the CCs. but no CC noise, I suggest
searching ALL of the other channels for the CC. SmartNet can have up to four
CCs and I only see three listed.

Dave

Right now the c/c is 867.2875.

I dont normally monitor this system but if they switch c/c again to one of the ones not listed I guesss I can investigate.

Paz

Premium Subscriber
Earlier this week they were using 866.0375 as the control channel. If they're deviating from their traditional control channels it may be safer to program in all of their frequencies.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
DaveH is bang on as usual.

Smartnet systems usually have 4 control channels. Since there's only 3 listed in the database and you're hearing voice comm's on those channels. There's probably a 4th unlisted control channel.

Chances are it's one of the voice channels that's listed.

Keep in mind the database isn't 100% correct and stuff is missing and incorrect. While every attempt is made to improve it's accuracy, sometimes you just have to find things yourself.

Once you've figured it out, please submit it to the database using the submission engine and then myself or one of the other database administrators will add it in.

RainbowSix

Premium Subscriber
The 4 CC's for the Hamilton system area

oldzy

It is now working for me today. Also programmed in the 4th CC I didn't have (866.0375). Thanks.

tac7

That's why I didn't experience any problems. I had the 4th Hamilton control channel (866.0375) in my radio all along. Didn't realize it was missing in the RR database.

Caltalk

Question

Hi folks:

Thanks for the info re the fourth cc. I live in the Hamilton Ontario area and am re-learnign scanning after having owned several conventional scanners for years, but never a trubking one.

I am using the Berarcat BC246 T with the BTU Tool software. I am particularily interested in fidning some kind of file that has the hamilton Ontario frequencies already programmed, that i could import into my scanner. if anyone has anything like that, or know of how i can get one. I would much appreciate it.

Thank-you

Cal

miban1

Earlier this week they were using 866.0375 as the control channel. If they're deviating from their traditional control channels it may be safer to program in all of their frequencies.
noticed 866.0375 is new cont. ch...another odd thing i've noticed is now I hear voice comms. on 866.2875,866.6625 which were normally used for I-calls. I use BR-330t and programmed those freqs on conventional ch's,they were used exclusively for I-calls, but now I'm receiving voice comms on them?

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Hi folks:

Thanks for the info re the fourth cc. I live in the Hamilton Ontario area and am re-learnign scanning after having owned several conventional scanners for years, but never a trubking one.

I am using the Berarcat BC246 T with the BTU Tool software. I am particularily interested in fidning some kind of file that has the hamilton Ontario frequencies already programmed, that i could import into my scanner. if anyone has anything like that, or know of how i can get one. I would much appreciate it.

Thank-you

Cal

All the info is at your figure tips in the db.
That said outside the Stelco system I dont monitor much in Hamilton.

mciupa

All the info is at your figure tips in the db.
That said outside the Stelco system I dont monitor much in Hamilton.

Not even the traffic 'copter for Country 95.3 / CHML ? :confused:

If you love the sound of rotors and have patience , you'll hear traffic reports that cover the western GTA.
I pick them up clearly on 450.5750 every afternoon rush hour from Toronto. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.