Analog or digital?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE3RADIO

Not sure exactly what you are asking for, but yes there are several digital systems, as well as several analog systems. This section is for all of Eastern Canada from Ontario to the coast. If you need more detail, look in the database.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
This is for the whole part of the eastern side of CANADA do you guys have the digital system?

There is all sorts of digital around here... Motorola P25, GE AEGIS & ProVoice, MotoTRBO.... not quite sure what you are asking by 'the digital system'

vabiro

Premium Subscriber
If you could be more specific about where you're interested in that would be helpful.

Ontario is Canada's second largest province, covering more than one million square kilometres (415,000 square miles) - an area almost twice the size of Texas, and home to more than 12 million people.

As a result of the geography, there are many systems.

Cheers
Victor

vabiro

Premium Subscriber
Well i just wondered cause next year i'm moving up to scarbourgh

Scarborough is a suburb of Toronto, so you would definitely need something with Trunking for Toronto Police, Fire and Ambulance. Scarborough is covered by Toronto Police 4 district, so you'll probably want to listen to 41, 42, and 43 division.

The Provincial Police (simliar to State Troopers) use APCO25, so your BCD396 will be needed for that.

Just east of Scarborough is Durham Region. Their police use iDEN, so you're SOL for them, but that maybe irrelevant to you.

Hope this helps.

Victor

VE3RADIO

Well i just wondered cause next year i'm moving up to scarbourgh

Make sure you bring a bullet proof vest.

FYI- Not all of Scarlem is bad but there are much nicer places to live in the GTA. Make sure you stay out of the Malvern and Galloway parts of Scarborough.

Status
Not open for further replies.