OPP Channel Change Z3 (Cobalt)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BC_Scan

Hey All
just got a call from my buddy in Cobalt who said when driving around today he heard on his local OPP channel a bulletin that said today effective 1700 hrs all radios to go to NOR 7 ? He is not sure of of what the dispatcher said other than he heard the number 7 for sure . Sure enough now couple of hours later his scanner has gone silent (396)
I verified on the phone that he is getting Cobalt tower only from his home and that radio is in ID Search,
anyone have any info because it sounds like they have switched channels and he can't hear anything.
Did anyone else hear of this change over ?
PLease advise

DaveH

Hey All
just got a call from my buddy in Cobalt who said when driving around today he heard on his local OPP channel a bulletin that said today effective 1700 hrs all radios to go to NOR 7 ? He is not sure of of what the dispatcher said other than he heard the number 7 for sure . Sure enough now couple of hours later his scanner has gone silent (396)
I verified on the phone that he is getting Cobalt tower only from his home and that radio is in ID Search,
anyone have any info because it sounds like they have switched channels and he can't hear anything.
Did anyone else hear of this change over ?
PLease advise

I'm quite a distance from Cobalt. but reference to NOR 7 would be the group 7
channels 141.555 (7A) and 141.675 (7B), as in the database:

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=577

If nothing's being heard on Fleetnet, he should monitor these two without
CTCSS to see what's up. I'd be surprised if any of the NOR idle-channel
markers are still up, from what I've heard, but stranger things have
happened...

Dave

Last edited:

BC_Scan

So perhaps he did hear correctly (NOR 7) so now after one night apparently he is able to hear again, thanks gents for responding so quickly , now I will have to reprogram his radio for him with that info you sent Dave
Thansk again.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I was up in Zone 3 earlier this year and the NOR system is non-existent. I believe it was shut off years ago.

yuy

I'm in Rouyn-Noranda, NW Quebec. I listen to 3 sites in Ontario.

id: 9376 3TAC01 active for units 4I North Bay, 4E Temiscaming, 4G Kirkland Lake

also heard id: 9424 3TAC04 with 4F units Kapuskasing

Good evening

1 AM, just heard North Bay dispacher say they would "soon" go back to fleetnet. I think they are still on fleetnet when they use the tac group aren't they?

1:30 AM... All units can go back to fleetnet...

Last edited:

ve3hjb

Temporary switch

On Monday night the OPP switched to sim11 ( 148.7650 FMN ) and the ambulance switched to PCOM (150.100 Mhz ) until 6 am for system maintenance.
Last night, OPP had to switch to 3TAC01 ( 9376 ).
All is back to normal today. 73

Status
Not open for further replies.