Peel Callsign

Status
Not open for further replies.

sm3000

Anyone have any ideas as to what a "TOWN" unit might be? I hear TOWN1, TOWN2, etc. Just curious...

I'm not 100% sure, but I notice that they have a variety of call signs that they use.
Town, Response, MP, Bike, etc... Most of this is based on speculation and call signs i've heard, so if a couple of them are wrong, please feel free to correct it.

I think Town cars are the ones that respond all over town and not a specific zone like most of the cars have...not quite sure.
The response cars seem to be limited to any cars numbered 0 - 99 ... Have yet to hear a response car with three digits.
Bike seems to be what it is - the guys on the pedal bicycles that go through the parks.
MP - I hear that quite a bit... not sure what that is.
Step - I think that's the guys that go knocking on bad guys doors to make sure they're home when they should be.
tac - the swat team
k9 - the dog unit

I've also heard the airport callsigns referred to as 88's or Airport + car number (ie: 88-123 or Airport 123).

sm3000

Local bylaw guys?

The local bylaw guys hide on their own channel on the Brampton system, half-the-time encrypted and half-the-time non-encrypted. Guess we'll never know who'se parking across the sidewalks or who didn't cut their lawn last week.

gpsdepot

Premium Subscriber
peel callsigns

I'm not 100% sure, but I notice that they have a variety of call signs that they use.
Town, Response, MP, Bike, etc... Most of this is based on speculation and call signs i've heard, so if a couple of them are wrong, please feel free to correct it.

I think Town cars are the ones that respond all over town and not a specific zone like most of the cars have...not quite sure.
The response cars seem to be limited to any cars numbered 0 - 99 ... Have yet to hear a response car with three digits.
Bike seems to be what it is - the guys on the pedal bicycles that go through the parks.
MP - I hear that quite a bit... not sure what that is.
Step - I think that's the guys that go knocking on bad guys doors to make sure they're home when they should be.
tac - the swat team
k9 - the dog unit

I've also heard the airport callsigns referred to as 88's or Airport + car number (ie: 88-123 or Airport 123).

I think STEP is actually Selective Traffic Enforcement Program.

Rick

sm3000

Oh that's what STEP is. Ok my bad. Sometimes I hear them banging on doors :)

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
I could be wrong but i believed that "Town" was a officer based out of a community office not from the station/barn. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.