O.P.P in the air

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonbounce

Right now they are in cambridge. Should be a lot of action this weekend. I am listening to them on 412.8875.

Muxlow

Super Secret
Were also in elgin/chatham kent
I just herd one of the officers in the plane say they may need to shut down one side of the highway to land the plane. They are having mechanical troubles up in the air

Last edited:

moonbounce

I heard that also, they were going to shut the operation down until some one in command ordered the plane back up in the air. So much for their saftey.

moonbounce

Just heard them again, they are heading back to the airport with an instrument problem London,Tillsonburg and St Thomas airports are on alert.

Muxlow

Super Secret
I fell asleep and missed the rest:(
Did they make it back?
They landed at the chatham airport for fule then went back up then thats when i herd their problems... Then thats when i fell a sleep

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I was listening at around 4:00 when they were discussing whether or not the plane would be back up... they didn't seem to think it would be, so they headed down to Hwy-40 to do laser instead.

moonbounce

After their second instrument failure, when they said they were going back to the airport all communications seemed to end there. I don't know which airport they made it back to, but I didn't hear anything else, not even the ground cars.
Hope they will be back up Saturday and Sunday?

gwtc199

No there wouldn't be, because they don't have to file a flight plan, mainly because they are too low for ATC to bother with them.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Not sure if it is or not. They seem to hang out there pretty frequently though. There was a piece on London A News tonight about the aircraft patrols... They rode along with them down in Essex county to show the 'from the sky' perspective and how the officer times with a stopwatch. They claim it works out to $200 something an hour to have the plane in the air. I still wonder how much more efffective this is than a typical laser intercept. Having listened to both of them in action they seem to nab about the same number of offenders. Of course from the air gives you a much better idea of what is coming and overly aggressive drivers will stand out.

gwtc199

Try again local Avgas comes from that smelly city to the west, next door to Port Huron,
Esso has a unit, just to make avgas. UK imports 90% of all gas.
There seemed to be alot of activity at Chatham's airport on the weekend, 2 King Air's, a lear and several Cessna's sitting on the ramp, don't know if one of the Cessna's were OPP though.

Status
Not open for further replies.