Portable to Portable Channel Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wretched

Recently programmed 458.5625 into my scanner, Portable to Portable for the OPP. Once in a while there is dead air on this channel, like a mic is keyed on, but no talking. I have never heard any communication on this channel, but I've heard this dead air almost once a day this week since I programmed it in, mostly near Listowel. Any idea's?

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
458.56250 M 107.2 PL OPP PC 01 Portable to Portable Communications

I actually heard comm's on there the other day. It was very quick and only about 2 keyups and didn't hear much else afterwards, that was the first time I had ever heard anything on there.

I usually program everything in just in case something ever pops up on a channel out of nowhere.

Recently programmed 458.5625 into my scanner, Portable to Portable for the OPP. Once in a while there is dead air on this channel, like a mic is keyed on, but no talking. I have never heard any communication on this channel, but I've heard this dead air almost once a day this week since I programmed it in, mostly near Listowel. Any idea's?

Wretched

Ya, that's why I programmed it in, just in case I'd be able to catch something once in a blue moon. But I have to lock it out now whenever I'm near Listowel, or else my scanner just stops on it with it's dead air. I'm wondering what's broadcasting that silence... someone sitting on there portable every morning?

transam76

Interfrerence could be the blame try putting in the pL tone, and maybe that will solve your problem. I had a fire ch in my scanner, that would sit for a minute with some sort of interference, put in the pL voila problem solved.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Actually heard the Ottawa OPP units last nite refer to going to PC01 on there portables to be in contact with TTCI while investigating a fatal MVC on Hwy 416.

So these extra frequencies that noone ever decides to put in the radio do at times get used. Just probably not very often.

Jammin_Jay

does this channel work through their car repeater, or is it straight simplex. I programmed it in my portable scanner, to see if i get any hits when i am on the road.

hitsfm

simplex sorta like when they want to talk with out everryone listening to thm talk in private way

Status
Not open for further replies.