OPP broadcasting on PRP Last Night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sm3000

Hey Guys,

I'm still relatively new to this whole scanning thing, only been in on it for about two years, so if my question sounds oddball, please don't laugh too hard. LOL.

I was listening to PRP 12 Div last night, and heard the OPP had been patched in as they were chasing a couple of people in PRP's turf. I heard to dispatchers (OPP Orillia and PRP 12 Div Dispatch) co-ordinating some sort of a response for something that had happened, OPP sup's and OPP cars broadcasting back and forth conversing with PRP cars and sup's. The dispatchers were even talking to each other.

Is this normal for them to do? I didn't think that police forces had access to each other's systems, as they're on different systems altogether (opp is on fleetnet, right? prp isn't (i don't think)).

hypersight

Hey Guys,

I'm still relatively new to this whole scanning thing, only been in on it for about two years, so if my question sounds oddball, please don't laugh too hard. LOL.

I was listening to PRP 12 Div last night, and heard the OPP had been patched in as they were chasing a couple of people in PRP's turf. I heard to dispatchers (OPP Orillia and PRP 12 Div Dispatch) co-ordinating some sort of a response for something that had happened, OPP sup's and OPP cars broadcasting back and forth conversing with PRP cars and sup's. The dispatchers were even talking to each other.

Is this normal for them to do? I didn't think that police forces had access to each other's systems, as they're on different systems altogether (opp is on fleetnet, right? prp isn't (i don't think)).

I was listening to this last night as well. The OPP can patch to other agencies providing those agencies have a fleetnet radio. BTW the Fleetnet talk group that was used for last night's patch with Peel was 9632 for those who didn't catch it.

ocscan

Premium Subscriber
This is fairly common in smaller towns...The calls switch to Provincial Comm...142.7700mhz, or are patched together. Not sure in Peel if the OPP are directly patched onto the PRP trunked system or if its done over patch to VHF by both Police services.

From above post it must be done directly using radio patched onto fleetnet system. A lot of small towns its patched through VHF.

Last edited:

transam76

Hi all, in my area, OPP when talking to Chatham Kent, use the provincial common ch. 142.770, but they also get patched through to the EDAS trunking frequency that Chatham Kent has for better coverage. So for your answer is yes, they can go on the trunking system that city uses.

Muxlow

Super Secret
Iv herd CKPS switch to "Pro Comm" on their orions many times to be patched in with the OPP Delta Units. Not to many times have i herd them on the simplex freq since CKPS has a 800mhz system they have always went to "pro comm" to chit chat with opp during events

pathalogical

In September there was a shooting in Toronto's 31 division. This lead to a multi-agency response with York Region K9 and Air support and the OPP. All three were patched to 31 division which makes it easy to listen to with one scanner instead of many. It makes listening really intense. From time to time, you'll hear other agencies patched together for support (if available) or assistance if the lead agency has officers investigating another situation and are temporarily short handed. Most common in Toronto is officers from a neighbouring division will be requested to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.