Mississauga Fire Radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATCTech

How long have Mississauga Fire had back-up radios off the PRP trunk system? I've heard them doing their 6 PM station alerting tests on 414.5875 including an announcement that radio checks would commence at 1805 hours on "Telus radios back-up channel" (or something to that effect).

I presume iDen (Mike)?

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
Backup? Thats their Primary The Peel trunk system.. The dispatching is done on the 414 freq for Mississauga fire only, Brampton and Caledon does their dispatching on Ops 5. All still use the Paging system as a backup for calls... Telus i haven't heard that, But the Captains may have (Mike) like phones but PRP are on Bell for now with the 10-4 feature

Last edited:

unpltd

They do say something like that.

But they do the station radio checks on 414. at 6:00pm

Then about 6:05pm they switch over to the PPS trunk OPS1 or something to do the truck and portable checks..

They also do this once in the morning around 8:00am

ATCTech

Well, this is the second time I've heard them say the radio checks would be on the back-up Telus radios. I'll be listening at 1800 tonight to see if they say it again, and at 1805 to see if any radio checks are done on the PRP trunk. I do know there was no mention of radio checks on "Channel 2" or anything like that as I always used to hear.

ATCTech

As heard Oct. 22 at 1800h (414.5875), "Radio checks will commence at 1805 hours on back-up channel 1 on the Telus radios". Absolutely no radio checks took place on the Peel trunk at 1805.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
That's because the Telus backup CH1 is 414.5875 - It's not part of the Peel trunking system.

No, that's the Station Dispatch channel. It has nothing to do with Telus.

ATCTech, I'm pretty sure Mississauga FS has some Telus Mike radios in a few vehicles and possibly the Chiefs carry them.

I believe you are 100% correct that they are conducting radio tests on the talkgroups they have on the Mike system.

I know that Mississauga FS likes to test on all the different TAC talkgroups they have on the Peel system and it would make sense to also test on the Telus backup system.

Status
Not open for further replies.