3C08 Glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

slicerwizard

You know something's up when a SmartZone site starts spitting out scan markers.

All four zones have been in site trunking mode since 0330. More zone controller or Ambassador problems, I suppose; it sure didn't sound like it was scheduled. The console-deprived dispatchers have been repeating the "your emergency buttons won't work" line; they'll work just fine...

BSI's are showing up as well (XLQ940 as usual)

Attachments

• TPS Site Trunking.jpg
    TPS Site Trunking.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 273

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Yup...someone screwed up.

That probably explains why I was awaken around that time of the morning to my T88 freaking out with beeps and such. I was too lazy to bother getting out of bed to see what the problem was.

slicerwizard

It took them 4.5 hours to get techs out and on top of the problem. Apparently it was caused by a power failure of some sort plus dead batteries that took out the T1 links at 4330 Dufferin. Go figure.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Also, I wonder...

I've noticed (within the last week or two) all the EMS Dispatch consoles now have different radio IDs than they used to. They're still in the 55xxx range, but they aren't the same as they used to be.

I wonder if it's somehow related.

SCPD

QRT
Toronto EMS was working out their backup site on Don Mills for 4 or 5 days. That may account for the change in radio IDs. They're back home now, so the numbers should be back to the old ones if that was the reason.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Interesting. I'd be that's it. I haven't bothered to look which IDs they're back to now - either way, they work!

I wonder how that works though, if you're an EMS Dispatcher and they cart you off over to Don Mills... do you still report to Dufferin Street and they bus you over or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.