Barrie Ops3 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CityLights

Premium Subscriber
In the last two weeks I've heard several mentions of Ops3 while listening to Ops1.
What is the frequency for Ops3? it's not in the Database yet so is it New?

First time I heard it referenced to was during the search for that missing kid in Shanty Bay.
And now, since it's really busy for Halloween I just heard it a few times again.
Usually I hear "they're on Ops3" or someone will call on Ops1 saying they can be reached on Ops3.

Last edited:

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
In the last two weeks I've heard several mentions of Ops3 while listening to Ops1. What is the frequency for Ops3? it's not in the Database yet so is it New?

First time I heard it referenced to was during the search for that missing kid in Shanty Bay. And now, since it's really busy for Halloween I just heard it a few times again. Usually I hear "they're on Ops3" or someone will call on Ops1 saying they can be reached on Ops3.

Hi citylights,
Yes, it seems like it is new, I am searching like crazy since I first heard this on OPS1.

Ron

CityLights

Premium Subscriber
ok good, a confirmation my ears aren't going wacky from the tobaccy.

It's probably going to be a long search unless something crazy happens again.
I wanted to search more when I heard it being mentioned, but with one scanner I didn't want to miss the action.
I'm thinking days they have training on Ops2 will be our best shot.

Any insiders want to PM me the Frequency? :D

Last edited:

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I found all of Barrie's search activity on OPS2. The Courts channels is indeed Channel 3 and it's on the trunking system. I believe they usually refer to it as Courts 3 though.

OPS3 might be the 141.5850Mhz simplex channel they sometimes use.

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
I found all of Barrie's search activity on OPS2. The Courts channels is indeed Channel 3 and it's on the trunking system. I believe they usually refer to it as Courts 3 though.

OPS3 might be the 141.5850Mhz simplex channel they sometimes use.

Hi Mike,
I was thinking that they where using 141.585 for OPS3 as well. I turned the beam towards Barrie on halloween but could not hear anything, guess I am a little to far!
I only hear them on 141.585 when they come really close to here:wink:

Ron

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.