Trunk88

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Hello. I have a question I hope anyone on here can answer for me.

First. My friend is trying to use this program TRUNK88 for the first time on Fleetnet. He is using a actual Motorola Radio for this and not a scanner and he is having a little problem. Once he get's this problem figured out and then as long as it is working right after this, then he will be giving me the other radio (he got 2 of them. One for him and one for me.) so I can start figuring out and using this program as well.

So my question is: Do you have to enter in the Spacing, Offset, etc in order for it to work right, like to show everything on the screen of TRUNK88 and to show everything that is happening off the Control Channel. Or will it still work without the Spacing, Offset, etc. Because if you REALLY need to enter that stuff in, in order for it to work right. Then he is going to have to try and figure out how to do that on the Motorola Radio. And if he can't figure it out, then he and I will have to try and figure something else out. So let me know for SURE if we REALLY need to enter that stuff in or not.

So I will be waiting for any replies to the question I just asked in this post. Thanks.

Coolguy

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
You have to enter in the offsets spacing, etc.

do this from edit settings.

Also:
Make sure to change the system type to 16
to edit the talkgroup display you will have to edit defults and set it to 4 and then it will read the talkgroups out for you.

E

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I hope he isn't going to try and program the Motorola radio to work on Fleetnet. 1, it's illegal and 2.... If he has no clue how to setup software to monitor the system I sure as heck hope he isn't trying to program radios onto the system. If he is just programming control channel frequencies into the Motorola and using it to drive Trunk88, thats another story.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

SCPD

QRT
Yes that is all he is doing is just using the Motorola Radio with just the Control Channels in it to use for TRUNK88 and that is all he is using it for and he will be giving me the same kind of radio (which he got 2 of, one for him and the other one for me to use for TRUNK88).

So since he and I will be using a Motorola Radio and not a scanner for this.

Do we just enter this spacing, offset, etc and the system type to 16 on the TRUNK88 program itself, like we do that from some menu we click on or something like that. Just asking here cuz like I said this is my friends first time using this program and once he get's this part to work and then when everything is showing up like it should, then I will be getting the other radio sometime to try and start using this program as well.

Also to the other thing my friend told me that I forgot to mention is that I dunno if this has to do with not having the SPACING, OFFSET, etc and the system type of 16 entered in. He said that on his scanners he is hearing talking on the TALKGROUPS but nothing is showing up on the screen of TRUNK88 when they are talking. It's like no one is talking at all. No TALKGROUPS or anything like that is showing up. So like I said I dunno if this has to do with not having that stuff entered in or not. So if anyone can let me know about this to. So I can let him know what you guys told me.

So I will be waiting for any replies to the 2 QUESTIONS I just asked in this reply thread. Thanks again.

Coolguy

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Go to edit:
system settings and scroll down to the ones you want to change and enter in the base space and offset(s)

Dont worry about not getting it, I learned by talking with experts who held my hand thru the process.

E

Last edited:

slicerwizard

He said that on his scanners he is hearing talking on the TALKGROUPS but nothing is showing up on the screen of TRUNK88 when they are talking. It's like no one is talking at all. No TALKGROUPS or anything like that is showing up.
If nothing is showing up, your buddy isn't feeding control channel audio to the program.

SCPD

QRT
Ok. Thanks EJB. I will let him know that when I talk to him hopefully later on today.
So when he goes to EDIT and then SYSTEM SETTINGS, like you said, that is where you can change the SYSTEM TYPE to 16 as well as the other things you told me. Just confirming here that's all to make sure I am reading it right. So let me know.

Ok slicerwizard. He has everything hooked up from what he told me. Then how or what would he need to do to feed control channel audio to the program (cuz he has the discriminator tap on it and hooked up to the computer through the audio part on the computer). Just so I can ask him this and see if he did this and then whatever his answer is. I can then just tell him what you said to see if he is doing the same thing as what you told me. So let me know.

So I will be waiting for any replies to the 2 QUESTIONS that I just asked in this other reply thread. Thanks again.

Coolguy

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Coolguy.
Yup, you gotta change the system settings so that it can read the audio that is being fed to.

Did you join Andrew (slicerwizard's) Yahoo group yet?

Secondly you may wanna also use unitrunker, you can find the download of it on this site. It is a lot easier to use but in my opinion it is good for beginners and not as cool as Slicer's program.

Eventually once you learn about trunker88 you will be blown away about what you can do with it (i.e. figure out which MOH unit uses a RID) and even find new talkgroups!

SCPD

QRT
Ok. I will let my friend know about that.

Yup I did join Andrew's (slicerwizard's) Trunk88 Yahoo Group.

So if I need him for any help I will try and send a post for him or anyone on there to help me out. That is for sure.

Yup I may use UNITRUNKER sometime, but I am just going to be trying TRUNK88 out first when I eventually get the other radio from my friend to see what it is like and all that.

So thanks for your help everyone and you to EJB and if I need something else answered I will ask on this same post.

Coolguy

SCPD

QRT
Actually EJB. I dunno if this has anything to do with it, but my friend is using WINDOWS XP.

And also I just downloaded TRUNK88 from that site (even though I can't use it yet since I don't have a radio like I said) and when I did I never seen anywhere on the TRUNK88 screen where it says EDIT and then system settings. I never seen anything like that to click on. So would it be because I am using WINDOWS XP as well as my friend or that shouldn't matter.

So if you EJB or anyone else on here can help me out by telling me so I can tell my friend what maybe might be the problem. Then that would be great.

And also what version of TRUNK88 do you click on from that site, just to see if he clicked on the right one. So let me know this as well.

So I will be waiting for any replies to this post. Thanks again.

Coolguy

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Actually EJB. I dunno if this has anything to do with it, but my friend is using WINDOWS XP.

And also I just downloaded TRUNK88 from that site (even though I can't use it yet since I don't have a radio like I said) and when I did I never seen anywhere on the TRUNK88 screen where it says EDIT and then system settings. I never seen anything like that to click on. So would it be because I am using WINDOWS XP as well as my friend or that shouldn't matter.

So if you EJB or anyone else on here can help me out by telling me so I can tell my friend what maybe might be the problem. Then that would be great.

And also what version of TRUNK88 do you click on from that site, just to see if he clicked on the right one. So let me know this as well.

So I will be waiting for any replies to this post. Thanks again.

Coolguy

Coolguy:

It is kinda hard to explain cause I am at work and am not using the program.

Andy is on here and many other members on here use Trunker88, perhaps one of them will step up and guide you thru it.

He emailed me a version of it, pm me your email and I will send you what he sent me.

I can be available this weekend I have unlimited long distance & can guide you by phone but not tonite, my fave cat had to be put down yesterday(blood clot, only 6 yrs old :-( ) and the family & I are really heartbroken over it, our 2nd cat gone in 15 months.

slicerwizard

He has everything hooked up from what he told me. Then how or what would he need to do to feed control channel audio to the program (cuz he has the discriminator tap on it and hooked up to the computer through the audio part on the computer).
If he's having problems (which he is), he should verify that the audio is getting in to the PC. The simplest way is to record the audio (with the Windows Sound Recorder program) and play it back. He should hear control channel audio playback through the PC speakers. If he doesn't, he hasn't set the mixer levels for whatever channel (mic in or line in) he's jacked in to, or his audio cable is fubar.

And also what version of TRUNK88 do you click on from that site, just to see if he clicked on the right one.
He should be using a recent version of Win32 TRUNK88. It works fine under Windows 98, XP and Vista. The latest and greatest is in the Win32-TRUNK88-473.zip file. Just unzip the contents to a folder (C:\TRUNK88 is a good choice) and just run TRUNK88.EXE; if the control channel audio is present, it'll start decoding and all the good stuff will show up.

SCPD

QRT
Hello again. I have yet another problem I hope anyone on here can help me out with.

The problem is, my friend just called me and told me that he finally got the TRUNK88 up and running with that Motorola Radio and he said that on the Screen of TRUNK88 it is showing the word FLEETNET, but all the FREQ's such as: Control Channel, Alternate Control Channel and Voice Channels as well as the TALKGROUPS that are showing up are all wrong. Like they are all in the 800 MHz range.

He would like to know how to change it to VHF, so the Control Channel Alternate Control Channel and Voice Channels as well as the TALKGROUPS will be in VHF for FLEETNET. Then hopefully everything should show up right on the screen when all those things are changed to VHF for FLEETNET. So let me know.

So I will be waiting for any replies to this QUESTION I just asked. Thanks again.

Coolguy

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Hello again. I have yet another problem I hope anyone on here can help me out with.

The problem is, my friend just called me and told me that he finally got the TRUNK88 up and running with that Motorola Radio and he said that on the Screen of TRUNK88 it is showing the word FLEETNET, but all the FREQ's such as: Control Channel, Alternate Control Channel and Voice Channels as well as the TALKGROUPS that are showing up are all wrong. Like they are all in the 800 MHz range.

He would like to know how to change it to VHF, so the Control Channel Alternate Control Channel and Voice Channels as well as the TALKGROUPS will be in VHF for FLEETNET. Then hopefully everything should show up right on the screen when all those things are changed to VHF for FLEETNET. So let me know.

So I will be waiting for any replies to this QUESTION I just asked. Thanks again.

Coolguy

This happened to me the first time I used it also.
Andy told me how to do it (always give credit to sources, lol)

Make sure you enter in the base fre step size and offset(s) then get back to the System command by pressing C for edit channels. Scroll up and down to view the channels (the 800 meg frequencies it sees) and then pick one press page down button to delete them. Repeat these steps till all of the wrong frequencies are removed. If you can hear the control channel the new, and proper frequencies will appear.

E

SCPD

QRT
Ok Eric I will tell him that when I talk to him next time and hopefully he can figure it out.

Also that file you sent me on the YAHOO GROUP. That is the same site I checked out. So that part is ok. And from that site, what version are you using, like which one did u download and all that, just curious.

Once my friend get's this part figured out and it works, then sometime whenever I will be eventually getting the other Motorola Radio from him, so I can finally start using TRUNK88 for my first time.

So thanks again Eric for your help and if he still runs into problems I will send you a PM right away and hopefully you can get back to me sometime that day with the answer to whatever I might need to ask you, so I can tell him wut you told me to do.

Coolguy.

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
Uh oh, I am using Version 4.74. Do I need to sign a non disclosure agreement to beta test this version? :)

He should be using a recent version of Win32 TRUNK88. It works fine under Windows 98, XP and Vista. The latest and greatest is in the Win32-TRUNK88-473.zip file. Just unzip the contents to a folder (C:\TRUNK88 is a good choice) and just run TRUNK88.EXE; if the control channel audio is present, it'll start decoding and all the good stuff will show up.

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
Any easy way to import my radio ID list from Mtrunker over to Trunk88 Andrew?

I already stole your 782D.CTL file but wanted to add my existing list from Mtrunker.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Any easy way to import my radio ID list from Mtrunker over to Trunk88 Andrew?

I already stole your 782D.CTL file but wanted to add my existing list from Mtrunker.

Give TRNK2T88 a try... might do the trick for you. It's in the Trunk88 folder on his site.

slicerwizard

The problem is, my friend just called me and told me that he finally got the TRUNK88 up and running with that Motorola Radio and he said that on the Screen of TRUNK88 it is showing the word FLEETNET,
I don't know where the program would've picked up that.

but all the FREQ's such as: Control Channel, Alternate Control Channel and Voice Channels as well as the TALKGROUPS that are showing up are all wrong. Like they are all in the 800 MHz range.
Talkgroups in the 800 MHz range? This sounds serious...

He would like to know how to change it to VHF, so the Control Channel Alternate Control Channel and Voice Channels as well as the TALKGROUPS will be in VHF for FLEETNET.
VHF talkgroups? I can't help you there.

For the rest,

System Menu

Edit Settings

System Type: 16

Base Frequency: 1410150

Step Size: 150

Offset: 380

Base Frequency 2: 1517300

Step Size 2: 150

Offset 2: 579

Base Frequency 3: 1543200

Step Size 3: 150

Offset 3: 632

Then,

System Menu

Edit Channels

delete each zone channel by pressing Page Down

slicerwizard

Uh oh, I am using Version 4.74. Do I need to sign a non disclosure agreement to beta test this version? :)
Beta? That's a pre-alpha straight out of the oven. Some of the bits may not have stabilized yet. I hope you have good backups (and fire insurance...)

Please indicate your acceptance of these standard terms:

Some assembly required. Avoid contact with skin. Keep away from fire or flame. Slippery when wet. Some equipment shown is optional. Times approximate. Colours may, in time, fade. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error, or failure to perform. Use only as directed. Breaking seal constitutes your acceptance of agreement. Approved for veterans. May be too intense for some viewers. Not recommended for children. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Sanitized for your protection. As seen on TV. Contains a substantial amount of non-tobacco ingredients. Do not fold, spindle or mutilate. For official use only. Not affiliated with the American Red Cross. One size fits all. At participating locations only. Replace with same type. Reproduction strictly prohibited. Restaurant package, not for resale. Some of the trademarks mentioned in this product appear for identification purposes only. Subject to change without notice. Substantial penalty for early withdrawal. This is not an offer to sell securities. Your mileage may vary. All models over 18 years of age. Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. No other warranty expressed or implied. No user-serviceable parts inside. Price does not include taxes. Lost ticket pays maximum rate. Void where prohibited. See store manager for further details.

Status
Not open for further replies.