anyone have a Toronto area GRE PSR-500 file??

Status
Not open for further replies.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
anyone have a Toronto area GRE PSR-500 file??

or GRE PSR-600 or Pro-106 they are all the same.

I have PSREDIT and ARC500 (I can download WIN500 if your file is in WIN500 format)

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I have a .p96 file that I can convert to Pro-106 for you if you like. The alpha tags would need a little house cleaning (since you have 4 more characters to play with) but it beats starting from scratch.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
You have mail. It's in Win500 format though. How do you like Arc500? I just got it today and I noticed that when I upload to my radio it's messing up my frequencies.... IE 142.335 becomes 142.325 etc etc. It's almost as if the 'allow 5khz steps' option wasn't checked, but it is. PSREdit and Win500 don't seem to have this issue.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
thanks for sending.. ya the ARC500 is a bit weird... even the layout.
I normally like the Uniden Butel ARC products but not the ARC500

Maybe thats my problem im programming with and and nothing is happening (off frequency)

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Might be worth looking into.... I was starting to wonder why all of a sudden my Pro-106 was so quiet when all my other radios were yapping away. Then I noticed a whole whack of vhf frequencies had been changed. I reloaded a previous backup I made with Win500 and was back in business. I'm not sure which I'm going to buy yet... but it's pretty much between PSREdit and Win500. They both have features I like.

foxtail

Premium Subscriber
Would I be able to get that file too so I can start some place for learning? Thanks email is foxtail63@yahoo.com It will be for a gre-600. Will I need to change any of it or just program it? Thanks.

Last edited:

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
You should be able to just program and go... I think. Pretty close anyways. The file worked when I was in Toronto 2 weeks ago with my Pro-96 so it should run out of the box on your PSR.

Status
Not open for further replies.