Halton edac system

Status
Not open for further replies.

johndh

When setting up the Halton edac system,I notice there are 6 frequencies for each area site.Halton,Oakville, Burlington.My question is ,when entering the LCN system frequencies using Unidens uasd program in trunk option,Do I list them all LCN 1 to 18 or do I list them 1 to 6 and start over with the next group?

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
When setting up the Halton edac system,I notice there are 6 frequencies for each area site.Halton,Oakville, Burlington.My question is ,when entering the LCN system frequencies using Unidens uasd program in trunk option,Do I list them all LCN 1 to 18 or do I list them 1 to 6 and start over with the next group?

List them all as separate systems:
Oakville, Burlington, Halton Hills
If you put them all 2 gether it wont work.

Where in Halton do you live?
It is hard to get all 3 systems unless you on high ground.

johndh

Location is Brampton,I am receiving talk groups listing them 1-18.What am I missing by doing it this way?

johndh

If you set them up as seperate systems,How do you know what talk group to put in what system?

mciupa

Canadian DB Admin
If you set them up as seperate systems,How do you know what talk group to put in what system?

Match them geographically where possible , what you will find is that Halton uses "patched" talk groups heavily. They are identified as 15-XXX .

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Match them geographically where possible , what you will find is that Halton uses "patched" talk groups heavily. They are identified as 15-XXX .

If you are in Brampton you wont be able to listen to Burlington and probably not Oakville.
For the Halton Hills tower put in the talkgroups pertaining to the location, I.E. Milton, Georgetown, maybe Burlington Fire.

MCuipa is 100% right on the patched talkgroups.

DaveH

Location is Brampton,I am receiving talk groups listing them 1-18.What am I missing by doing it this way?

Yes, you'll get some coherent activity from the channels 1-6 which match the LCN
order listed in the RR DB. The others are going to cause grief, in the event you lock
onto one of the control channels where the LCNs and channel slots you've put them
in don't match. Program as separate systems as already pointed out...

Also, resist any temptation to use control-channel-only mode, it won't (can't)
work on EDACS systems.

Dave

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.