Newbie with a BC250D and Apco Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_schenk

OK, I picked up a BC250D and apco card as a christmas present for a family member. I have been able to program the Bell Fleetnet for Zone II in. I am hearing Ambulance traffic(Ottawa), but haing some issues trying to get the OPP. Do I have to program in the talk group? I do see the p25 flash and what sounds like encrypted traffic. I've tried to set the audio but haven;t been successful as the traffic isn;t long enough I think. I've tryed the instructions in the manual but don;t get the "Sound quality" option

Can anyone help??

Thanks
Andrew

nova1010

OK, I picked up a BC250D and apco card as a christmas present for a family member. I have been able to program the Bell Fleetnet for Zone II in. I am hearing Ambulance traffic(Ottawa), but haing some issues trying to get the OPP. Do I have to program in the talk group? I do see the p25 flash and what sounds like encrypted traffic. I've tried to set the audio but haven;t been successful as the traffic isn;t long enough I think. I've tryed the instructions in the manual but don;t get the "Sound quality" option

Can anyone help??

Thanks
Andrew

Here a trick I've learned in fine tuning the audio clarity in the BC785d,(works real well) and should also work on the BC250D being as their basically the same scanner.

Also works on the BC296d and the BC796d

1. During trunk scan mode (or chain search or ID search mode), press
the "HOLD" key to hold the scanning (searching).

2. Press and hold "9" for 3 seconds to enter the Sound Quality Adjust
Screen.

a) To set Mode 2, press and hold "2" for 3 seconds > "2" will appear
on left side of the display.

b) To return to Mode 1, press and hold "1" for 3 seconds. "2"
disappears.

3. Press "RSM" to exit the setup mode.

Last edited:

a_schenk

Hey Thanks Nova. I'll give that a try. I was able to listen in last night after I posted the message. I'm working on getting Ottawa Fire to work. N

dave042583

Scanning OPP

If you are having trouble scanning OPP your problem could be that the BC250 can only scan a Baud rate of 3600 where the OPP are using a 9600

DaveH

If you are having trouble scanning OPP your problem could be that the BC250 can only scan a Baud rate of 3600 where the OPP are using a 9600

All Fleetnet digital voice channels are 9600 baud with a control channel rate of 3600
baud, so that is not the problem. BC250 has been used on OPP since it came out.

The BC250 cannot work with newer 9600 baud control channels, which Fleetnet isn't.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.