Scanner info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hogs

Anyone from Nova Scotia areas... Wonder whats the new Hot unit for a scanner for the trunk systems here that would work in the city areas etc etc?? Thanks alot....!

hfxChris

Database Admin
I just replied to your private message, but I'll mention this here as well, just in case anyone else is interested. At minimum you need an analog trunking scanner. If you want to listen to police (Halifax police or RCMP) you need a digital scanner, as they both use digital. Rumour is the provincial system will change over to the new 700MHz band in a couple of years time... so you might want to make sure whatever you get will do 700MHz trunking if you want to be future proofed.

hogs

Nova Scotia

Thanks,
YEah I am interested in hfx. police/ rcmp etc thanks for yhe heads up, Do you have a scanner that pickes all them up I see there is the new radio shack and the Gre 500 not sure if they are the ones to get plus was wondering if a base system suppiles mopre power than a heand held as well.. IS there a place in Canada that ya can buy either of these instead of having to go through the States as well.. Thanks for the info...

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.