Peel EMS &

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Hi there. I have lucky to hear Peel South talkgroup activity off the Hamilton tower consistently lately and on trips to friends in Mississauga off Britannia.

I have a list of Peel EMS stations, Tedlo does not sound wierd to me anymore lol but often dispatch & Ambulances mention posts; "30**, go to post 41." What significence are posts? Are they designated spots to code 8 while active. Is there a list of posts or do any regular listeners have any pointers, even Nec208, lol.

pathalogical

I would imagine that posts are to ensure even coverage around the city so that ems doesn't have to travel long distances to calls. Just like Toronto ems when they say "401 & Weston Rd for coverage".

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Path: I figured as much but where would post 41 be, post 42?

Thats what I wanted to know

limopete

My wife is a dispatcher at Peel EMS. I believe Post 41 is 10/403 and Post 42 is CVH. That is considered coverage for the east and west sides of the city of Mississauga. There are other post numbers depending on how many vehicles are available for coverage. This is the case in Brampton as well. NOT Halton which still calls coverage by area. Are you using a digital scanner to pick up Peel EMS? BTW I worked at Mississauga CACC (Peel EMS) for 4 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.