Peel Region system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Anything active and/or interesting & relative to travelling thru Peel other than PRPD & Miss fire (not interested in Brampton or Caledon).
Are their a lot of comms on the airport talkgroups?
The encrypted RCMP one?

TIA

Eric

pathalogical

There's that Air Canada trunk system, but only if you're stationary near YYZ. You might get a few hits if going across the 401 by Pearson. As for the RCMP, you will need a scanner capable of decrypting encrypted comms.................lol.....c'mon, you know better than to be asking that question !!!

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Path: I know I know. I have absolutely no access to anything encrypted.I know I cant listen to it, I just wanted to know if it was busy.
The RCMP has to keep us safe from al the bad guys.
lol.

With your info I am going to just enter in the PD and Miss FDP, you never know when there is a accident on the darn 400 highways.

VE3RADIO

Path: I know I know. I have absolutely no access to anything encrypted.I know I cant listen to it, I just wanted to know if it was busy.
The RCMP has to keep us safe from al the bad guys.
lol.

With your info I am going to just enter in the PD and Miss FDP, you never know when there is a accident on the darn 400 highways.

The MOH for Mississauga covers Oakville on MIS-HALTON, Missisauga on MIS-South and Brampton-Caledon on MIS-North. There are a variety of TAC channels used from time to time as well. As for the RCMP, they use a TG on the PEEL Trunked system and I have never ever seen it active.. obviously even it if was active, I wouldnt hear it anyhow. One thing I find interesting in is the CBSA (Canada Border Sercices Agency) - they are based out of Pearson and you often hear about people trying to sneak in to Canada, or people that are suspected terrorits etc.. makes for interesting listening if PRPD is slow..

ocscan

Premium Subscriber
The MOH for Mississauga covers Oakville on MIS-HALTON, Missisauga on MIS-South and Brampton-Caledon on MIS-North. There are a variety of TAC channels used from time to time as well. As for the RCMP, they use a TG on the PEEL Trunked system and I have never ever seen it active.. obviously even it if was active, I wouldnt hear it anyhow. One thing I find interesting in is the CBSA (Canada Border Sercices Agency) - they are based out of Pearson and you often hear about people trying to sneak in to Canada, or people that are suspected terrorits etc.. makes for interesting listening if PRPD is slow..

I'm not sure RCMP even has a regular presence at PIA. Not sure what they would "police" on a daily basis. Peel, and CBSA take care of most enforcement/policing duties.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber

WZ.
Thats what I wanted to know about the activieness of the RCMP talkgroup.

Thank you :)

I do have the entire Miss CACC memorized with regards to Halton anyway.

Do you know where the individual posts are in Mississauga i.e. post 41 heard on Miss S?

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I spent some time in YYZ (only a couple of hours) a few weeks back waiting on a flight and heard a whole bunch of zilch on the RCMP and CBSA talkgroups. Bad timing on my behalf perhaps, or maybe they just aren't that busy. I was able to log a handful of unlisted talkgroups for the Air Canada system but have absolutely no clue who they belong to.

VE3RADIO

I spent some time in YYZ (only a couple of hours) a few weeks back waiting on a flight and heard a whole bunch of zilch on the RCMP and CBSA talkgroups. Bad timing on my behalf perhaps, or maybe they just aren't that busy. I was able to log a handful of unlisted talkgroups for the Air Canada system but have absolutely no clue who they belong to.

I am not suprised that the RCMP was silent, however CBSA is ussually quite active when a International Flight arrives. That being said PIA is one of the buissiest airports in North America and one would think a International flight might arrive every few minutes.. But i have noticed that I hear CBSA mostly at night or early morning..

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Well, as I mentioned I wasn't there too long. I was in on a Sunday morning from about 8am to 10am so it could have been a lull in the action. Lots of PRP activity but squat on CBSA.

Status
Not open for further replies.