ontario (york and durham region digital or analog right now?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigcam406

durham region public safety still analog,cops went encrypted digital back in nov. 99,york cops and public safety still analog.check website reference guide for all the details.bc-15 will suit your needs perfectly.

autos

I am still new to this .. and learning as we go. so forgive the silly questions I may have.

so sounds like if those that went digital are all encrypted its pointless to buy a digital scanner correct?

gwtc199

Not always, there is Digital "Clear" and Digital "Encrypted", a digital scanner will pickup digital "Clear" transmissions like some OPP, MTO and MNR on fleetnet.

autos

oh I see ok.. I see in your signature you have a digital uniden can all digital uniden scanners(396t-996) do analog too?

autos

so for those that want to cover the gta should i just fork out the extra money for digital?

gwtc199

so for those that want to cover the gta should i just fork out the extra money for digital?

I would, you just never know when a system might go Digital, from what I've been hearing Toronto PD might be going digital shortly. Plus a digital gives you the most options for listening to the most frequencies.

mbstone99

Premium Subscriber
Durham

durham region public safety still analog,cops went encrypted digital back in nov. 99,york cops and public safety still analog.check website reference guide for all the details.bc-15 will suit your needs perfectly.

Actually let me make a correction here, Durham Regional Police is using the Mike Network which is Digital IDEN and can not be monitored with any type of scanner no matter if it is encrypted or not. All the other public safety entities in Durham, Fire & Ambulance are still analog but trunked.

Matt

bigcam406

i was under the impression the Durham cops were using Motorola equipment,as i remember when they announced the changeover,it caused quite the stink due to the cost of the contract(10 mill over 5 yrs),alot of the local politicians were squawking about the money being spent and was it really necessary.is the Mike network the same thing or was there a changeover? just wondering,thx

mciupa

Canadian DB Admin
does that mean a analog or digtal scanner will not work ?

Exactly, it is a proprietary trunk system that they are keeping details of to themselves and not sharing technical details with scanner manufacturers. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.