Looking for OPP new freq. in Norwich township

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE3SG

As of January 1 2009 our private police force will be taken over by the OPP. I am trying to find out where they will be on the channels they already have,or are they setting up a new system in this area.(Norwich Township,Oxford county)You would think that it would be up and going by now.I have heard nothing as I scan everyday from my store.Any help would be appreciated Thank You in advance.

ATCTech

If the OPP is taking over, they'll be on the Bell Mobility/Fleetcom Province-wide trunking system. It's already very well documented in the database here and in many threads. You'll need a digital capable trunk-tracking scanner - there's no analog audio for OPP on the system. You might here some comms (analog) on their UHF portable/mobile repeater frequencies at times, but by no means will that catch everything.

Bob

Last edited:

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Your answers are in the database.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=577 You'll wanna check out Zone 1 for your region.

As of January 1 2009 our private police force will be taken over by the OPP. I am trying to find out where they will be on the channels they already have,or are they setting up a new system in this area.(Norwich Township,Oxford county)You would think that it would be up and going by now.I have heard nothing as I scan everyday from my store.Any help would be appreciated Thank You in advance.

VE3SG

Thanks for the reply

Thanks for the reply,I know how the system works,just wondered if anyone knew the freq. they would be using.Mayby they will follow the OPP that are close to us.

mciupa

Canadian DB Admin
It may be that the OPP will use their BEAT freq's

BEAT 01 413.5375 or BEAT 02 412.8875.

ve3tej

Premium Subscriber
Norwich Township units will be on talkgroup 8368 or 8208,

141.30000 141.37500 141.39000 142.26000 142.53000a 142.99500 143.64000

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Thanks for the reply,I know how the system works,just wondered if anyone knew the freq. they would be using.Mayby they will follow the OPP that are close to us.

If you knew how the system worked, then you would program in the Bell Fleetnet system site closest to Norwich and listen to the talkgroup for the County that Norwich resides in.

Status
Not open for further replies.