Aurora and London

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muxlow

Super Secret
ANyone catch why London and Aurora talk groups are patched togeather?
All i keep hearing is "10-4" from the same girl over and over.. and seems every time she talks the 1ops38 msel patch drops.. then gets set up again and she says 10-4 a few times then drops. been going on for a few mins.. didnt catch the start of it.. unless i did and its just been her saying 10-4 ove and over

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I saw the Multiselects coming and going on Trunk88 but wasn't listening at the time. Couldn't tell what groups they were selecting together either. Unfortunately for me my living room is an RF dead zone so I can't monitor very well from there. And the wife frowns upon me running in some hardline for an antenna. Sigh.

Muxlow

Super Secret
Few mins ago i herd the Orillia dispatcher running someones name.. but that was it.. She keeps saying 10-4. Maybe shes a robot. 5 Bravo is what comes up on my scanner

ve3tej

Premium Subscriber
The patch keeps going up and down.

Even running trunk88 there is a * besides the patch, so the patch is initialized on the London tower.

The other strange thing is I only hear the Aurora dispatcher and when the other unit should be comming online the patch drops.

the talkgroup in question is 1OPS38 8656 and the dispatcher radio id is 11105

Muxlow

Super Secret
Yep. Thats what i have also. The dispatched says 10-4 over and over and nobody replys... Maybe it was a comms test?

ve3tej

Premium Subscriber
Active patches and multiselects:
20:58:35 OPP 1OPS38 Aurora 5Bravo (5A GHQ units) MSEL (MSEL#=121D)
20:58:35 + OPP 1OPS38 Aurora 5Bravo (5A GHQ units) (TG#=8656)

there is a + sign here

on my computer screen there was a * denoting the patch was originated on the London tower

slicerwizard

That report never displays asterisks. The code can only display blanks or a plus sign to the left of each patched group name.

The plus sign just indicates that 1OPS38 is the supergroup, which is why the patch/MSEL ID is 121D: 8656/16=541 (the real talkgroup number), which in hex is 21D, plus 1000 is ID 121D.

The control channels don't broadcast any information that indicates which tower/site/zone a patch or MSEL originates on, and I wouldn't say that they originate from one anyway - they're initiated on dispatchers' consoles and I don't think consoles are wired to SmartZone sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.