Updated GO Transit Rail Ops Talkgroup's

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE3RADIO

Hello all,

Thought I would post an updated list of GO Transit talk groups for your listening pleasure. It appears rail operations have now been fully migrated to the P25 system.

1 GOCmmtrCntrl
2 GORailMtce
3 GORailMOW
4 GO Willowbrk
9 GO Rail Alarms
33 GO Lake West
34 GO Lake East
35 GO Richmond Hill
36 GO Georgetown
37 GO Milton
38 GO Barrie
39 GO Stoufville

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Hello all,

Thought I would post an updated list of GO Transit talk groups for your listening pleasure. It appears rail operations have now been fully migrated to the P25 system.

or just check the database:

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=4579

Rail Operations have been fully migrated to the P25 system for quite a few months now (possibly a year?).

Last week was just a migration from a single talkgroup to talkgroups based on the rail line.

VE3RADIO

or just check the database:

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=4579

Rail Operations have been fully migrated to the P25 system for quite a few months now (possibly a year?).

Last week was just a migration from a single talkgroup to talkgroups based on the rail line.

Yes and no... if you check the link you provided the 4 missing groups were updated in the last 24 hours.. i listen to GO transit daily and have only started to hear rail ops in the last month.. unless you count willowbrook yard..

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
i listen to GO transit daily and have only started to hear rail ops in the last month.. unless you count willowbrook yard..

The old 413.9375Mhz frequency has been silent for months and all comm's have been on one of the new talkgroups. I think it was either tg 36 or 37 that was used until all the radios were reprogrammed with the subdivision based channels.

VE3RADIO

The old 413.9375Mhz frequency has been silent for months and all comm's have been on one of the new talkgroups. I think it was either tg 36 or 37 that was used until all the radios were reprogrammed with the subdivision based channels.

Cool .. that makes sense.. i guess to listen to all of the GO train activity you really need to listen to the rail freqs for the sub your on etc.. for example.. lakeshore west uses the Oakville sub as well as the GO Lake West TG.

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
Yes, the Barrie trains use CN Channel 3 each morning to receive their clearances south.

CN installed a new tower and antenna on Innisfil Beach Road just for the GO trains since CN hasn't had a train headed north past Bradford in many, many years. The old antenna was in pretty rough shape and probably hadn't been used in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.