Rogers

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Hullo. I know there are a good many of you associated with media and wireless companies.

Last week at work our internet provided by Rogers Portable internet went down.
The pinhead on the phone at T/S told us we had it set up wrong and that it HAD to be at the window.
I told the guy, the signal was always "full bars" 99.9% of the time in the place 10 feet from the window. He did tell us that our 'tower was very close, we were able to see a guy climbing up and down on the tower. Eventually, both days, after 2 hr interuptions, the signal went back to perfect again and back to work.
For sure there is work being done on the tower. I dont think some branches of Rogers staff even handles there own call centre, they wouldnt know if a crew is at a certain site if there lives depended on it.

I do not see a ROGERS frequency in the DB. Just a listing on the Peel Region page:
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=4165

The next time maybe I can scan the Rogers guy?

P.S. The tower is around Queens Plate Dr in Rexdale near a bunch of storage places, it is a large tower for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
The short answer is no, you cannot scan the Rogers guy.

The frequency in the database is for Cable. Wireless takes care of the Portable Internet system and cannot be scanned.

sm3000

I dont think some branches of Rogers staff even handles there own call centre, they wouldnt know if a crew is at a certain site if there lives depended on it.

Hey there.

I can tell you that all the call centres belong to Rogers. There's no outsourcing to India if that's what you're referring to. As for the crew being at the site - that's not information the call centre staff would have access to... you could be talking to someone in Montreal, Kitchener, Brampton or BC. It all depends where you're routed to.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Hey there.

I can tell you that all the call centres belong to Rogers. There's no outsourcing to India if that's what you're referring to. As for the crew being at the site - that's not information the call centre staff would have access to... you could be talking to someone in Montreal, Kitchener, Brampton or BC. It all depends where you're routed to.

I know, it isnt like Bell with their off hours call centre in the Orient.

I forget the name of the company that Rogers works with.

All I know is that last week the tech dept did not know their ass from elbow, they had no idea that there was a tech working on the tower near us.

The Mod here can lock this thread, there isnt much else to say, someone explained to me thru a PM how it works,

thanks

E

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I know, it isnt like Bell with their off hours call centre in the Orient.

I forget the name of the company that Rogers works with.

All I know is that last week the tech dept did not know their ass from elbow, they had no idea that there was a tech working on the tower near us.

Rogers has it's own call centres and as far as I know, they do not outsource.

You would have to travel down quite a few levels before you got to somebody who would know if a tech was working on a tower. The call centre would be the last people to know if anybody was up a tower.

Could be maintenance, new build, inspections and audits, etc, etc. Towers are climbed everyday for all sorts of reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.