Ministry of Labour

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Hello. I have a question to ask that I am hoping anyone on here can answer for me.

I was just talking to my friend and he was wondering what frequency(ies) the Ministry of Labour use, if they use there own channels. Because my friend said that he saw a White Truck with what looked like a new VHF antenna on it and it also had the word ONTARIO in BLACK on the door of the truck and he said that he was pretty sure it was a Ministry of Labour guy who was driving it because of where it was parked or where it came from. So Let me know.

I will be waiting for any reply(ies) to this one QUESTION I just asked. Thanks.

Coolguy

VA3DBJ

Ontario Database Admin
Database Admin
The last I checked and heard, Ministry of Labour don't use radios anymore. They tend to use cells now. The vehicle you probably saw was more than likely a maintanence, courior or a security vehicle. Specially if it was a pickup truck or van. Most of the marked MoL vehicles are cars with a few SUV type vehicles. They did use the same frequencies that were registered to the Ministry of Finance investigators. I don't recall them having their own channels. But I could be wrong.

Last June I caught a BMR dude, talking away on TG48 and he was sitting in a white pickup truck with the black Ontario decals on the doors and back, sitting in the parking lot at the 5th wheel in Bowmanville.

Last edited:

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
My dad works for the Federal Dept of Labour, which in turn works a fair bit with the Provincial guys. They all use cell phones in this neck of the woods, and satellite phones in Northern Ontario.

VA3DBJ

Ontario Database Admin
Database Admin
Most of all the Ministries and Departments, where radio is not a nessesity, have dropped them for cells now. Now a days, you sort of look out of place with a HT.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.