396t with ver 3.01.00 p25 deff n,s

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcd396t

i have a 396t with ver 3 301.00 update.
when monitoring a 800 mhz p25 system the 396t with ver 3 update seems a little def as compared to the 996t ver 2 update.
both scanners have the same system p25 system in it.
i was of the understanding that ver 3 update was better...
any suggestions on how to make the 396t receive better with the p25 system.
im in cape breton nova scotia.

MetalCarnage

i have a 396t with ver 3 301.00 update.
when monitoring a 800 mhz p25 system the 396t with ver 3 update seems a little def as compared to the 996t ver 2 update.
both scanners have the same system p25 system in it.
i was of the understanding that ver 3 update was better...
any suggestions on how to make the 396t receive better with the p25 system.
im in cape breton nova scotia.

I'm afraid to say, despite what some people think, Ver 3 might be flawed, going from 1 -->2 was night and day difference in P25 and now going from 2 --> 3 i am having same probs as u of either not picking stuff up at all, or when it does, it has a high error rate for P25

bcd396t

I'm afraid to say, despite what some people think, Ver 3 might be flawed, going from 1 -->2 was night and day difference in P25 and now going from 2 --> 3 i am having same probs as u of either not picking stuff up at all, or when it does, it has a high error rate for P25

the version 301 did nothing for me besides the cc dnd i have not been able to get victoria county rcmp from any distance at all no more would you have v2 update or earyler that you could send me i would like to revert back an see if it may help thanks .

ECHO3

More bugs. What a surprise! I respect Uniden, but I really question what degree of testing is done before these firmware upgrades are released. I hope they release a version 4 update that is cumulative and has been thoroughly tested. Since I have Uniden scanners, I don't read posts for GRE/RS, etc. so I don't know if those folks are experiencing problems. So just for the record I'm NOT bashing Uniden. All the manufacturers had time to prepare for rebanding. In the interim you may want to tweak some of your settings e.g. digital AGC and see if improvement is noted.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
the 996t is a base/mobile 9 times out of 10 it's going to be better then a similar handheld model

But if your having problems switch back to V2.

bcd396t

switchback

i reverted back to 2.00.07 an now im recieving what i was missing with 301.00 think all stay there the p25 is much better now not half as deff as 301 was.

MetalCarnage

i reverted back to 2.00.07 an now im recieving what i was missing with 301.00 think all stay there the p25 is much better now not half as deff as 301 was.

Any possibility you could email me the V2 file?? I really need to get this thing back to normality, PM me and let me know, thanks

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I did not have any issues when I updated.

Metalcarnage. What and how do you have your audio settings set at?

It might be easier to fiddle around there than to downgrade.

Alright, anyone care to share your AGC settings with a BCD996 running V3.1? I've tried everything and the audio still garbles during mid conversations or just doesn't come through at all (you see the TG on the display, but no audio) I've even tried to put all the frequencies in the system, not just CC. Done AGC manual 7-8, AGC auto but same problem.
I've since gone back to V2 on both my 996 and 396 and most problems have gone away. Anyone needs the V2 firmware, please PM me.

I wish I could get these to work like my old 796...

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Try Manual 7.
Lights & Sirens, you have never bothered to answer one of my posts before but what the hey,
where in Burlington are located and what antenna do you use?
How close is it to a computer or power source, or wirelss device, that messes up the sound.

I ask this simply because without a decent antenna the signal drops off quickly the further east you go for Fleetnet. I am at King & Plains.

bcd396t

Any possibility you could email me the V2 file?? I really need to get this thing back to normality, PM me and let me know, thanks

let me know your e mail if you still need it an ill try an send it to you it should do the trick worked great for me in eastren canada n,s.

Try Manual 7.
Lights & Sirens, you have never bothered to answer one of my posts before but what the hey,
where in Burlington are located and what antenna do you use?
How close is it to a computer or power source, or wirelss device, that messes up the sound.

I ask this simply because without a decent antenna the signal drops off quickly the further east you go for Fleetnet. I am at King & Plains.

I'm so sorry for not replying, by no means am I ignoring you. I live at Walkers and Mainway, but my 996 doesn't leave the car. I have a Larsen VHF 3db magmount on the roof of the car and I can hit the Britannia tower no problem (but mostly have it on Hamilton) I don't like listening to too many things at once so I just have it flipping between the Burlington/Niagara TGs.

My 396 has a VHF portable antenna I ordered a while ago, seems to do the job, I get good signal in the living room from the Hamilton tower.

I guess I'll try to load V3.1 into the 396 again and play a little more, but I wasn't real happy when I first upgraded.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Hi lights & sirens.

From your area with your antennas you should be receiving Charlton well enough not to worry about garbled distorted sound.
The settings I mentioned do the trick for me.

When I am able to snag Cayuga and Brantford and Fonthill at 2 or 3 bars/5 the singal can get distorted at times no matter what update or version of my 396.

Status
Not open for further replies.