Transmitter Locations: Windsor and Essex County

Status
Not open for further replies.

supernoma

So who knows the location of what transmitters?

I know of:

- CBET (CBC TV)/VE3II repeater/Enviroment Canada WX transmitter in McGregor by Lucier Estates.
- The obvious CBC Radio transmitter on Riverside Dr.
- Windsor Airport (CYQG) NDB (YQG/S601) at Manning Rd. and Tecumseh Rd. in Tecumseh.
- The abandoned Windsor Airport (CYQG) NDB (Laurel) site on Normandy in La Salle (Does anybody have any history on this?)
- Windsor Airport VOR/DME (#S603) off 8th Concession Rd.

So what are all these other towers for?

Also, what netwoks are on the cell phone towers?

Last edited:

ve3zo

Actually the CBC tower in Mcgregor does not have the Envronment Canada weather on it. The tower to the west has the WX on it plus VE3UUU repeater. Also a radio station, not sure which one.

The McGregor Tower has CBC channel 9, TV Ontario, VE3III repeater, a cell site at about the 200 ft level.

I know the Tecumseh Water tower, has an Essex County Fire Passport system site and I think the OPP Beat repeater, not too sure about that one though.

So who knows the location of what transmitters?

I know of:

- CBET (CBC TV)/VE3II repeater/Enviroment Canada WX transmitter in McGregor by Lucier Estates.
- The obvious CBC Radio transmitter on Riverside Dr.
- Windsor Airport (CYQG) NDB (YQG/S601) at Manning Rd. and Tecumseh Rd. in Tecumseh.
- The abandoned Windsor Airport (CYQG) NDB (Laurel) site on Normandy in La Salle (Does anybody have any history on this?)
- Windsor Airport VOR/DME (#S603) off 8th Concession Rd.

So what are all these other towers for?

ve3zo

There is a another tower, to the west of the Mcgregor tower. just east of Howard Ave and south of County Rd 8. it is about the same height 700 feet or so.

Where is the Enviroment Canada transmitter located?

Also, Wikipedia says that the CBC tower also has CBEFT-TV and CICO-TV-32 on it.

supernoma

There is a another tower, to the west of the Mcgregor tower. just east of Howard Ave and south of County Rd 8. it is about the same height 700 feet or so.

Thats the Enviroment Canada WX/88.7 (89X) transmittor.

Many thanks to VE3NSV for telling me where to find the info for every tower. Maybe I can put them all into Google Earth format for everyone when I'm done. I've already started, but I wish I could find a way to get Google Earth to sort my placemarks alphabetically.

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
Glad I could help out.

Thats the Enviroment Canada WX/88.7 (89X) transmittor.

Many thanks to VE3NSV for telling me where to find the info for every tower. Maybe I can put them all into Google Earth format for everyone when I'm done. I've already started, but I wish I could find a way to get Google Earth to sort my placemarks alphabetically.

Status
Not open for further replies.