Brantford Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

techmerlin

Premium Subscriber
Hey all,

Has anyone heard anything from Brantford Fire in the last little bit? I have not heard any transmissions for days now, and before that it seemed to be on and off.

I have been running Unitrunker across the control channels but keep getting the ProVoice police traffic and nothing for Fire which was (and hopefully is) not ProVoice.

the site is here in the DB http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=2635

thanks

techmerlin

Premium Subscriber
Update:

I found Brantford Fire while listening to the control channel directly from my Pro 2005, I manually tried it on the Pro96 (where i have the talkgroups loaded) and i can hear them also on the two control frequencies (857.83750 and 859.58750) but when I try this using the talkgroup channels from Brantford fire I hear nothing, almost like they have changed talkgroup ID's. I loaded them as decimal and also AFS to see if this changed anything, but no.

Anyone have any ideas??

mciupa

Instead of closed mode , could you not run it in open mode and see if any new "untagged" talkgroups appear while scanning ?

Another thing I thought of was the LCN's which should start at a channel ending in 1 rather than zero.

techmerlin

Premium Subscriber
Another thing I thought of was the LCN's which should start at a channel ending in 1 rather than zero.

I am not sure what your referring too here, could you expand a little ?

I ran the Pro96 with only the control channels in and no talk groups in open mode but got no hits at all other than a hit on 530 04-022 A BrtfdFSOps Operations which was only static.

thoughts?

mciupa

I didn't think that Control Channel Only was viable for EDACS.

So , those channels should start at Channel 001( or 101, 201 etc. )rather than at channel 000 in whichever bank .

My suggestion is to program as EDACS trunking start at 001, follow the list by entering all freq's in the precise order in the DB link. Hit Scan and see what comes up.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
If you can, try running Unitrunker on the site and see whats happening on the system. It's been quite a while since I've been over that way but if I'm in the area any time soon I'll see what I can find. If you don't have a tapped scanner for Unitrunker just run your Pro-96 in open mode and see what pops up.

69stiles

Quite awhile back one of the Deputy Chiefs told me they can switch back & forth from analogue to digital. Not sure why & for how long.

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
I was in Brantford Monday and heard the FD just fine on their dispatch, tac and county talkgroups.

techmerlin

Premium Subscriber
Yes, Brantford fire appeared back a couple days before Christmas, they appeared to have another TG on a couple of their broadcasts as parts of the traffic were not heard.

thanks everyone for your responses

Status
Not open for further replies.